Hacking PS3 Slim model 3011A

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I am about to buy a PS3 Slim 160GB model 3011A, in firmware 4.82, the disc player does not work, I can unlock this console? I saw something about exploit 3.1, does it work for this model?

D

Deleted User

Hello, I am about to buy a PS3 Slim 160GB model 3011A, in firmware 4.82, the disc player does not work, I can unlock this console? I saw something about exploit 3.1, does it work for this model?

Han PS3xploit is the only thing out for your model

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 is only completely hackable until model 25**A.
There is a new far inferior hack called etHANol(via PS3Xploit) that also supports newer models, but only supports PS1 and PS2 that are offered on PSN and PS3 games that were dumped off a disc and that have a downloadable update, which excludes many great console exclusive games.
Even if you wanted to play bought games off PSN you would miss some games that were newer published on PSN like Killzone 3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and Motorstorm Pacific Rift so you're making a pretty bad deal.

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The PS3 is only completely hackable until model 25**A.
There is a new far inferior hack called etHANol(via PS3Xploit) that also supports newer models, but only supports PS1 and PS2 that are offered on PSN and PS3 games that were dumped off a disc and that have a downloadable update, which excludes many great console exclusive games.
Even if you wanted to play bought games off PSN you would miss some games that were newer published on PSN like Killzone 3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and Motorstorm Pacific Rift so you're making a pretty bad deal.

I did a good search yesterday and I believe that I understood the operation of the exploit, find this compatibility list of games: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List, it seems quite decent the amount of compatible games.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did a good search yesterday and I believe that I understood the operation of the exploit, find this compatibility list of games: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List, it seems quite decent the amount of compatible games.

Right, it's not completely useless. It's just that the older consoles are more flexible and more people have experience of them.

You'll certainly get some mileage out of it.

Reactions: Dullahan

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought the PS3 Slim, but I got another model, 2101A, at least in the case says that, I hope the board is that same because the ps3 has already been opened, the seal is violated and has a HD of 160, it should be 120 correct ? ..... I wanted to know if I can downgrade and put CFW in it, it's in Firm 4.82.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the PS3 Slim, but I got another model, 2101A, at least in the case says that, I hope the board is that same because the ps3 has already been opened, the seal is violated and has a HD of 160, it should be 120 correct ? ..... I wanted to know if I can downgrade and put CFW in it, it's in Firm 4.82.
read this, hopefully you will be able to install ps3xploit 2.0 which will allow you to install a cfw.

http://www.ps3xploit.com/help/faq.html

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you! I'll do the procedure as soon as I get off work.

One more question, is it possible for me to open the ps3 and check if the board really is 2101A? or MAC? In Brazil we have a lot of reconditioning of console and exchanges of pieces, not to trust kkkkk

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'll do the procedure as soon as I get off work.

One more question, is it possible for me to open the ps3 and check if the board really is 2101A? or MAC? In Brazil we have a lot of reconditioning of console and exchanges of pieces, not to trust kkkkk
it is not necessary, do the steps in the How do i know for sure if my PS3 Model is compatible ? section, it should tell you without a doubt if your ps3 came out of the factory with a firmware below 3.56.

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it is not necessary, do the steps in the How do i know for sure if my PS3 Model is compatible ? section, it should tell you without a doubt if your ps3 came out of the factory with a firmware below 3.56.

Thanks again, my factory firm was 3.20, I unlocked with the CFW ferrox COBRA, everything is perfect. but I discovered that the HDMI output is defective (even doing the procedure to restart the video settings by pressing the button it does not signal) anyway I am using cable component the only problem is that my tv has no input component so I am using a componentxHDMI adapter has worked fine.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again, my factory firm was 3.20, I unlocked with the CFW ferrox COBRA, everything is perfect. but I discovered that the HDMI output is defective (even doing the procedure to restart the video settings by pressing the button it does not signal) anyway I am using cable component the only problem is that my tv has no input component so I am using a componentxHDMI adapter has worked fine.

Is the warranty sticker still in tact? No HDMI output can be a sign that it was once repaired from a ylod or the bga connection between the RSX chip and the motherboard may be failing.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad it worked but you should get it checked, maybe it's not expensive to fix the hdmi port.

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is the warranty sticker still in tact? No HDMI output can be a sign that it was once repaired from a ylod or the bga connection between the RSX chip and the motherboard may be failing.

Could you explain me better the connection relationship between YLOAD and HDMI failure?

Is it possible to know if it has already been recovered from YLOAD really?

Do YLOAD repairs usually last a long time, or do they come back frequently?

The factory label is violated! But it may have been done by a technician to check the HDMI problem!

Last edited by Dullahan,

Dullahan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to finish the topic, I fixed HDMI to a value around 50 USD, for the amount I paid in the console I think still being in profit, the technician showed me that the console had never been repaired before any kind of problem, now I go enjoy the console =)
P_20180606_143907.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol