PS3 recovery loop semi-brick problem.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by porshionXmato, Nov 12, 2013.

1. porshionXmato
    OP

porshionXmato Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    Poland
    Hey guys,
    I've a really big problem right here :/

To make long story short, this's how it looks like:

My girlfriend was playing some games and she turned off the system correctly (by shutdowning it in the xmb) but the PS3 slim didn't turn off - it bliped few times and the light on the front, instead of turning red, it was blinking green. So i turned it off manually by holding the on/off button for few seconds. After that I turned the system to see what happened. And this's where the hell begins...

PS3 is giving me an information that it must rebuild the database. So i clicked ok. Up to the 22% it went smoothely. After that, it was progressing at a "furiously" speed of 1%/hour. So I left the system on for the all night. Today, after I woke up, I turned on the tv to see wheter it's now working, as after this process it had to restart the system automatically. And what I see? Exactly the same screen informing, that it must rebuild tha database!

My PS3 is, was?, 4.30 rogero (earlier it was 3.55 kmaew <- 3.55 ofw). After turning the console on, it always prompts this message. I can get to the recovery menu, but it doesn't help at all as it hangs up when I try to update the system (I mean, trying to downgrade or whatever - using the Rebug 9.99 downgrader etc. is a no-no then).

Any help, ideas are welcome, as the only thing I can think of is to start accumulating money for a new PS3...

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Take out the HDD. Format it by connecting it to your PC. Then put it back to PS3. This will erase all data on HDD. Rebuilding database prompt indicate corrupted HDD, which stems from improper shutdown.

porshionXmato likes this.
  3. porshionXmato
    OP

porshionXmato Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    Poland

Thanks for the reply. My friend actually take the PS3 and will look into it, but from what he said, he also plans to format the HDD. I'll reply when I'll get my PS3 back. Either way, thanks once again for help as this issue was unexpected.