ps3 + ps vita co op play.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Hermpie, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Hermpie
    OP

Hermpie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Netherlands
    hi

im new to ps3. never had one. and don't own one yet.

i was wandering if I can use the vita for co-op playing (couch mode) so I don't get a split screen on my tv when im playing cod with my g/f.

to put it another way, can the vita do the same for the ps3 as the wii u controller does for the wii u?

maybe a dumb n00b question , but i can't get a decent answer found on google.

Thanks!

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    No.

Even for Wii U that is game dependent.

3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    You mean one person grabs a controller while the other uses a Vita?
    Only PlayStation All Stars allows it as far as I know.

4. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    yes thats true, but if his ps3 can run CFW the on some games he can stream the game to the vita.
    i did that with 3 games, Dead Island riptide, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and 3d dot game hero. only 3d dot game hero was playable for me, dead island would make my ps3 crash and Survival Instinct would run to slow for it to be playable.

the ps4 is suposed to do basicly the same thing that the wii u does with some games, but i don't think that any games that allow that are out yet.

5. Hermpie
    OP

Hermpie Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Netherlands
    we have a wii u and with the wii u we can play co op cod ghosts online. she uses the screen on the controller and I use the tv...
    i read that this will be possible with ps4 and vita. but i would like to play all CODS from the past on the ps, so the 4 is not an option for me.