Hardware Ps3 overheating and i dont know why!!!!!! Please help

Airick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently opened up my fat Ps3 and i replaced the thermal paste as weill as throw a little alcohol(91%) on yhe heat sync and fan... ever since then my ps3 has been overheating like crazy sitting at around 83C when just sitting in the home screen (according to webbman)so i have gone and replaced the thermal paste and checked heat sync to check if any thibg was wrong but i cant find anything and idk why?

I apllied thermal paste many times before this and know that i am using about the right amount. I am using mx-4 that has been sutting a around about a year now in its container but was not left open but was used before. The only thing i can come up with is maybe that but i dont think so considering thermal paste doesnt go bad just sitting around like that unless it dries up or something but it looks fine to me but then again i dont know much about that i just read that online somewhere. Please help and thank you!!!!!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have you properly applied it?
If yes then I think that the thermalpaste between the IHS has dried up.
You opening it up and giving it a nudge might shifted something which makes it overheat due to the lack of thermal contact between the CPU/RSX die and the IHS.

Why you use alcohol ?

To clean surfaces of components in prep for soldering/thermal paste application.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you properly applied it?
If yes then I think that the thermalpaste between the IHS has dried up.
You opening it up and giving it a nudge might shifted something which makes it overheat due to the lack of thermal contact between the CPU/RSX die and the IHS.

To clean surfaces of components in prep for soldering/thermal paste application.

Well I'm not sure if he was cleaning the surface or not since he said he throw, it makes it sound like he threw alcohol into the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: