Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BakuFunn said:
Rydian said:
Sony might actually have to implement a system to ban people now.

Network-wise, not from individual games.
Don't they already ban jailbroken PS3s if they connect online?

No but the Keys available it sounds like the only option they have left.

With Geohotz releasing the keys, doesn't this make him liable for any legal action from Sony?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
got the kirk engine keys
thx sony xD
psp crypto
well it's in ps3 but it's psp keys
I can encrypt/sign any psp apps now

lol
yah
has drm keyz too
Davee: Hey I told you it's a isolated SPU module >:O
so you can make your own psn store clone
on psp

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
MrDiesel said:
QUOTE said:
I can encrypt/sign anything on psp now.

http://twitter.com/mathieulh

PSP keys found as well (in the PS3!!!)..

How stupid could Sony be to put both the private key AND the PSP KIRK engine key inside the PS3 + fail at cryptology... First I was kinda on Sony's side, but now they just epic failed!!
Fail...

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trashed Post said:
MrDiesel said:
QUOTE said:
I can encrypt/sign anything on psp now.

http://twitter.com/mathieulh

PSP keys found as well (in the PS3!!!)..

How stupid could Sony be to put both the private key AND the PSP KIRK engine key inside the PS3 + fail at cryptology... First I was kinda on Sony's side, but now they just epic failed!!
*snip
Probably because they share common architecture in their PSN Store.

I'm divided on what to think now, as I love things getting hacked, but I don't love online cheaters, which are sure to come in waves in a matter of time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
Don't they already ban jailbroken PS3s if they connect online?Nope, they just blocked off the method everybody was using.

emigre said:
With Geohotz releasing the keys, doesn't this make him liable for any legal action from Sony?Not clearly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AACS_encryption_key_controversy
Back when the HD DVD keys were leaked companies made a lot of threats and a lot of sites pulled the keys, but then everybody said "Wait you you know what? NO, fuck you." and put them back up (encluding the entirety of digg), and as far as I know there was no actual legal action taken, just threats. I've read reports that it's doubtable there would even be a case. It gets into the whole "It's a hex string, a base 16 number, can you make a number illegal?" deal.

QUOTE(xist @ Jan 2 2011, 06:56 PM)
Sort of makes sense since the PS3 and PSP communicate in various ways. PS3 can send PSP executable data, it's gotta' be signed, and since the PSP came before the PS3, the PSP wasn't designed with a way to already accept info from just the PS3. ... or maybe it was set up like that originally and what they found was the keys for the PS3-PSP, but the PSP will run it anyways since that's the point? In other words maybe this is the "backup" key under the door mat?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
BakuFunn said:
Rydian said:
It gets into the whole "It's a hex string, a base 16 number, can you make a number illegal?" deal.

Tell that to Wikileaks.

Classified information > Hex String

One is substantially easier to screw things up with than the other. Either way, off topic.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
xist said:
got the kirk engine keys
thx sony xD
psp crypto

lol
yah
has drm keyz too
on psp
I think I nerdgasmed. if this helps make perm CFW for 88v3 and 3k, it'd be amazing.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
BakuFunn said:
I'm divided on what to think now, as I love things getting hacked, but I don't love online cheaters, which are sure to come in waves in a matter of time.

Exactly..

When my brother is playing on the PS3 (CoD -_-) and is shouting "hacker" or something, I could always tell him: that's impossible, shut up... But now
frown.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Jolan said:
xist said:
got the kirk engine keys
thx sony xD
psp crypto

lol
yah
has drm keyz too
on psp
I think I nerdgasmed. if this helps make perm CFW for 88v3 and 3k, it'd be amazing.

It would make me more consider purchasing a PSP too. I would have already, but 1000's and early 2000's aren't too easy to find where I am. Not a lot of people have them, and even fewer are willing to sell.

I'm still just really happy that I'll be able to do stuff on my PS3 that I couldn't previously without having to make extra purchases.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.... So PSP is going to have signed homebrew as well??
This is.... either a very nice surprise, or one that came much too late... one of the two...

The PSP keys wont really matter anyway, PSP2 will probably pop up next... er... this year (Lol HAPPY NEW YEAR!!)

I'm sure if devs start pushin out signed homebrew Sony will just stop supporting the system, give it one last firmware update to try and seal it off completely, then finish work on the next handheld (Still only a rumor, but come on.... its sony..)

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerox8610 said:
This is.... either a very nice surprise, or one that came much too late... one of the two...

The PSP keys wont really matter anyway, PSP2 will probably pop up next... er... this year (Lol HAPPY NEW YEAR!!)

I'm sure if devs start pushin out signed homebrew Sony will just stop supporting the system, give it one last firmware update to try and seal it off completely, then finish work on the next handheld (Still only a rumor, but come on.... its sony..)

even with the psp2 release coming out it would STILL matter.
people have been waiting for cfw for a couple of years now on later slims and 3000 and go. i dont really know much details about the psp2 but isnt going to be backwords compatible? would being able to sign psp1 codes be able to run on the psp2? i highly doubt that it will come with a whitelist to prevent it but idk...

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
Zerox8610 said:

even with the psp2 release coming out it would STILL matter.
people have been waiting for cfw for a couple of years now on later slims and 3000 and go. i dont really know much details about the psp2 but isnt going to be backwords compatible? would being able to sign psp1 codes be able to run on the psp2? i highly doubt that it will come with a whitelist to prevent it but idk...

The last I heard, UMDs werent going to be in the console, but stuff off PSN might play on it... ya never know

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Zerox8610 said:
ineap09 said:
So...I'm guessing PS3's console sales will suddenly see a rise?

And PS3 games sales will plummet lmao.
More than likely.

Did Xbox 360 game sales plummet after/during the DVD firmware hack?

I think as long as Sony bans every user of unauthorized software on PSN, people are still going to pay for games to play online
smile.gif
I hope so, I don't like playing with those cheaters.

Zerox8610

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrDiesel said:
Zerox8610 said:
ineap09 said:
So...I'm guessing PS3's console sales will suddenly see a rise?

And PS3 games sales will plummet lmao.
More than likely.

Did Xbox 360 game sales plummet after/during the DVD firmware hack?

I think as long as Sony bans every user of unauthorized software on PSN, people are still going to pay for games to play online
smile.gif
I hope so, I don't like playing with those cheaters.

This seems like more of a permanent hack tho, they can sign ANYTHING they want.
Altho I don't really know of the 360 hacking scene, I only just bought one over the summer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu