jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MrDiesel said:
I hope so, I don't like playing with those cheaters.

i think it's best to keep your opinion to yourself to avoid flaming, yes cheating online is a big no no, but having fun offline with games that have pissed me off a few times in the last couple of years i have a right to cheat on them lol

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad start for Sony for this year. Leaked PSP Phone pics (granted that was late last year...), now PS3 and PSP keys leaked. What next? All Sony devices spontaneously combust for no apparent reason?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
stab244 said:
What next? All Sony devices spontaneously combust for no apparent reason?

lol i would love to see that
biggrin.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
stab244 said:
Bad start for Sony for this year. Leaked PSP Phone pics (granted that was late last year...), now PS3 and PSP keys leaked. What next? All Sony devices spontaneously combust for no apparent reason?

No, 2011 is the year of chaos! Look it up, its the end!!

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ineap09 said:
stab244 said:
Exploding-Dualshock-3.jpg

Hmm...
unsure.gif

But anyway...I all of a sudden have a desire to buy a PS3 now. ._.

I do too, but there arent many PS3 exclusives I'm excited about, and most of the games on the PS3 are on the 360 and I like my 360

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ineap09 said:
stab244 said:
Exploding-Dualshock-3.jpg

Hmm...
unsure.gif

But anyway...I all of a sudden have a desire to buy a PS3 now. ._.

I do too, but there arent many PS3 exclusives I'm excited about, and most of the games on the PS3 are on the 360 and I like my 360

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
emigre said:
However I am interested in the homebrew this could offer like a media system which can play more formats like MKV, which would be brilliant. I am concerned about how this could affect online though, if there's rampant cheating than the fun is gone.

Agreed. I won't want to go online anymore if all of my online games are filled with cheaters.

Expect only the FPS's to have cheaters. Like CoD or MAG. Otherwise, the PSN community isn't as bad as the Xbox community. Also, to stay on-topic, I am quite happy for the keys. Homebrew, here I come.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
So? Most of the games on the 360 are on the PC, but that's not stopping you from owning an x360, is it?

True, but I'm not ready to throw down $300 on a PS3, I might just wait to find a good deal on one.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mocalacace said:
Jolan said:
So? Most of the games on the 360 are on the PC, but that's not stopping you from owning an x360, is it?

True, but I'm not ready to throw down $300 on a PS3, I might just wait to find a good deal on one.
The funny thing is, PS3 has a harder time selling because the core system is more than the 360, but once you pay for the additional peripherals, storage space, cables, maybe controllers, and at once time even the wireless adapter, you actually pay much, much more for the 360 experience.

Still, I can't wait to see what sorts of interesting things will become available for the PS3, this might be a new golden age of homebrew like on the original Xbox.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Charmandersrule said:
Wait, all this time with psp hacks we HAVNT HAD THE KEYS???? Then how is it hacked?
if they had the keys for the psp then they wouldn't need to hack it

as marcan has said several times, this is not an exploit, it is running signed code just as it should

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
Wait, all this time with psp hacks we HAVNT HAD THE KEYS???? Then how is it hacked?
We don't have the Wii's keys either.

The hacks we use remove the need for the keys because they stop the system from checking to see if something is signed before running it.

Well, now that we have the keys anything that we sign with them will past the checks, so we don't need to bother hacking a system to remove the checks.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't wait to see the aftermath of this. i assume a backup loader signed to be a "real" ps3 software should be feasible? i obviously see what will happen with DLC from PSN.

oh the piracy. makes me wish i had a PS3...nah too much piracy to be had on it.

i wish we had the xbox keys, that would be awesome. i just want some emulators on my xbox, the dlc games suck.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Ritsuki said:
Is it possible for Sony to change that key by updating the console or something else ?
Sure. Not that Sony cares.
Sorry guys. We are blocking the huge library of games released before the leaked keys. So those games are now unplayable but the stuff coming out will be signed with a new key and you guys can play that.

Edit: SOme people beat me to it. I don't care. I can't be bothered reading the next seven pages sorry.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
SPH73 said:
This could scare away developer support. It could be PSP all over again. (Although some PSP devs stuck around to the bitter end, most jumped ship early.) Sony doesn't need any more bad news.
why are you quoting year old news that has nothing to do with the topic?

Opening the door to total piracy is what destroyed the Dreamcast. People say it was PS2 hype, but for the first couple of years the DC did fairly well. That was until the system was totally cracked. Everyone in the industry knew Sega was completely f***ed. Devs cancelled DC projects left and right. People jumped ship like rats leaving a sinking ship. Sega even tried to negotiate with the team that originally cracked the DC, but to no avail.

Most people in this topic are only interested in what this will mean for them as gamers. I'm more interested in the catastrophic destruction this will cause in a company that's already been struggling for the past several years. (In b4 Sony is more than just the playstation division.)

And yeah, you're right, that article is a year old. And since that time they've lost a lot more money. This new development wont help. Companies and retailers make their money on software, not hardware. (Especially the retailers.) Anything that discourages software development is bad. (They already have higher dev costs on the PS3, plus the hardware is a LOT more difficult to work with.)

PSP is a great system but it was basically destroyed by piracy. You had to pirate to enjoy that system. I hated using UMDs. While PSP piracy was great for me as a gamer, it sucked for the devs who all jumped ship. (Except for a loyal few, God bless them.)

tl:dr =deal with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1