PS3 keys finally released

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Pup packer released- make your own upate pups. Warning - Dint stew with this, you'll brick your PS3 if you don't know what your doing.
CFW in 1,2,3...
Source PSX Scene

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
Pup packer released- make your own upate pups. Warning - Dint stew with this, you'll brick your PS3 if you don't know what your doing.
CFW in 1,2,3...
Source PSX Scene
Oh good, now I can see if the PS3 really does use version.txt!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
All geohot did was follow the fail0verflow instructions to get the keys and then post them (since the fail0verflow team kept them secret for now to help reduce piracy).

chartube12 said:
I just thought of something. Sony could require all futures games to have an unguie key saved to your account of online play. In other words it be like MMOs one serial given per game. Without this key saved to your psn account you can't play online. since it can only beused once, renting those games would become impossible. They could take it a step further make the key needed for offline mode as well. So even if you could launch it would be impossible to play without your account having a serial code attached. Internet connection needing to play the games at times insures you don't have your profile hacked with a fake serial.
Requiring a unique serial for online play is a good idea (and some companies are already doing it), but requiring an internet connection for offline play is stupid and would cause a huge backlash.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Charmandersrule said:
Geohot posted a hello world .self, do i just put it on a flash drive and run it?
No but apparently "all" you need to do is unpack a PUP and replace some self in there with geohots one. According to someone at PSX-Scene. Sounds very simple and worthwhile...

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apocalyps3.jpg

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
SamAsh07 said:
E3 2011 - Sony Conference
"With the death of our precious PS3, we would like you all to welcome our latest inventions....please welcome with a loud applause - PS4 and PSP2!!"

"PS4 will be $700 (launch price) so people not only work over-time but work 24/7 to get their hands on a PS4 which has triple the graphics of PS3 and comes with 12 cores"

"PSP2 will be $500 at launch"
Not enough. It should be $1200.
When PS3 was launched, it was $1000.

(In AUD anyways
biggrin.gif
)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:

Well, now the PS3 really will do "Everything"
I always go so sick of that advertisment of obvious lies.
Now we can start seeing some fun stuff.
:3

Time for me to get a PS3 finally.
A new PSP too, my last ones screen died >.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
DeadlyFoez said:
What is the reason that keys are not allowed to be posted here? It has already been ruled in the federal courts of MANY countries that encryption and security key can not be called copyrighted code so there is nothing infringing on posting them here and Sony can't do a darn thing about it.
Plus cowardly web admins are exactly what sony are relying on.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That spread sheet is beautiful!!!

I can imagine the next Sony update for PS3...Mandatory update for PSN access

"This update is to fix some holes in our security"

-Blank Firmware except for a JPG that displays a picture of the CEO of SONY breaking the PS3 in half

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho