Hacking ps3 jailbreak questions

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, just need some clarification as i have read some conflicting information

1. for 'free' jailbreak (such as using phones, ti84), i need the device to use it to play each time to get into dev mode--meaning if i borrow the device to jailbreak and return it, i cannot play backup games afterwards unless i use the device?

2. what are quick pros/cons for internal and external (cost seems to be the same, external is more versatile for other uses, internal can play 4gb+ games, external slower loading? internal more laser use?)

3. will external in the future be able to play 4gb+ games or is that not even being developed?

4. how long does it take to transfer games downloaded from the internet to the ps3? and internal vs external better (if size is

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) you are required as of right now to have the device plugged in every time you turn on/off your console. however if you leave your console in jailbreak mode and unplug the device and return it jailbreak mode will remain there until you actually turn it off.

2) the only slowdown you will really notice from an external is if it is a shitty hard drive. i've got an old ide based external and it can't play most games smoothly, but my 1.5tb sata w/ external power plays everything fine. i would try to keep the internal as clean as possible, because data installs for games can really take up some space, especially when you have a lot of games. i would only put games required to be on the internal in the internal (games w/ 4gb+ files) and keep the rest on the externals.

3) who knows. as of right now no.

4) depends on your computer. usually mine is about 10 min per game from pc to external hd. then another 10 from external hd to internal hd. i'm not really sure about ftp you'd have to try that yourself.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Jailbreak questions are being tossed around, I have one. Is it true that you can "break" a 3.5 system now? If so, do you need any specific device, or will any jailbreak device do?

drcrappants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really helpful, thanks alot guys!

@geishroy--the thing to look for is SATA connection basically (does that use a different cord from USB?)? and the fact that it is external doesn't make it noticably slower regarding loading/playing?

curious because i remember learning that drives connected directly in the bus are faster than external ones, like cache vs mem

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@geishroy--the thing to look for is SATA connection basically (does that use a different cord from USB?)? and the fact that it is external doesn't make it noticably slower regarding loading/playing?

no you are talking about external sata (e-sata) and that is a little bit different. what i am talking about is the kind of drive that is inside of the external drives i use. if you open up an external drive it is just a standard hard drive with an adapter attached to it to go from either ide to usb or sata to usb. i have a really old drive that is ide and i have a new drive that is sata based. i wouldn't recommend opening your drive to see which one it is, but just know that most if not all usb 2.0 drives today will be sata.

so basically to sum it up, newer drives should run games at playable speeds off of them, old drives may have trouble.

coxxy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a PS3 at 3.55 right now and a PS Jailbreak. I am seeing a lot of info about a PS3Update file that can be loaded through the update software from usb. After loading it supposedly you can then use the payload on the PS Jailbreak again. Anyone know anything about this because we really want to use an external hard drive for backups. I just dont want to mess up the console. ALso if you know where to get the correct files for 3.55 that would be great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse