PS3 Jailbreak - did Sony already started with banning ?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xraven13, Sep 19, 2010.

1. xraven13
    OP

Member xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Hi,

Since Sony can detect ID of games, did they already started banning people that play backups offline ? Is there any hint they will ?

And is someone already working on a solution, so that Sony can never detect you played backups offline ?? ( cause i would still have original games for playing online )

If answers will be positive, it seems I don't need my Xbox anymore for playing "other" games...[​IMG]

Regards

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Nobody's been banned yet, so nobody knows what will and what won't get you banned.

While there is a "stealth backup manager", it's not actually doing it right last I saw, the manager's ID is still in there.

3. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    they had posted something about that someone have posted a fake pic @_@ about banning him.After some days someone asked at sony s forums about banning on psn and they said there isn t such a thing yet.

4. xraven13
    OP

Croatia
    Well, like I told, I don't plan to play backups online, I will play them only offline...
    But I don't want to lose ability to play original games online !

5. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

you cant play backups online because the second you update to the latest 3.42 the exploit is closed and jailbreak will not work anymore

6. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Well, though I don't have much experince with the PS3, I'll say it this way:

With Microsoft & Sony, you will get banned. It's only a matter of time.

Yes, I don't have any proof for that, but I don't need one, it's logical thinking. Seeing how fast Sony pushed an Update to block it, and how keen they are that no "Backups"/Homebrew runs on their PS3, it won't take long until you'll have the same situation like with the XBox360. If piracy envolves even more (CFW, etc.), they'll start for shure to fight against it, with bans for every modded console. Maybe new methods will pop up, and you'll be safe for a certain time, but Sony will find a way to detect it, and ban you.

If you don't want to be banned, you buy a legit Console, legit games, don't mod anything, and you're safe, simple as that. Anything other will get you in trouble. That's probably the future, right now, look at the answers above.

7. xraven13
    OP

Croatia

I don't even want to play backups online =)... Backups -> offline, originals -> online !

8. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    Nobody has been banned yet, but you never know... [​IMG]

9. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Originals online --> Firmware 3.42, Firmware 3.42 --> No backups [​IMG]

10. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    But logical thinking would say that Sony will only prevent you from having the hack through firmware updates. Which are then needed to play games online through PSN. Not ban your console like MS. Unless...has Sony banned any PSP systems yet?

11. xraven13
    OP

Croatia
    Ok so is anyone working or planning to make some kinda software that would downgrade the firmware ?
    Best would be that we can switch between firmware version so when you play backups offline you switch to old firmware and when you play originals online you switch to newest firmware...

Possible ?

12. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    only with sony i plan to do things legit.

13. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    There's a USB firmware loader to let you temporarily upgrade your firmware, however in order to use it you need to be hacked already, and we don't have copies of the latest official firmware to see if it'll work online.

So no.