Gambia, The
Guild McCommunist said:
blackdragonbahamut said:
tj_cool said:
This almost makes me want to buy a PS3 so Sony loses money
evil.gif

delicious
smileipb2.png

and still they're losing money, good for them that they can buffer the losses with the profit they are making in other business areas:. bad strategy, but i won't bet that they are gonna learn from that experience

For the last time, so many people think Sony is just losing money because the PS3 costs more to make than its sold. Software sales fill that gap. Unless you purely buy a PS3 and no games (which is a pretty retard thing to do), Sony isn't going to lose money.

And what do you have against Sony? They've made great consoles. The PSX had tons of great games (Chrono Cross, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Final Fantasy, etc etc). The PS2 had even more great games (God of War, Twisted Metal, Kingdom Hearts, Jak, Ratchet and Clank, etc etc). The PS3 has a crop of pretty good games (Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, GTA, etc).

Seriously guys, what's your problem?

sony fanboy? i don't have anything against sony:. i agree that they make great consoles, see i wrote that it is lucky that they can make profits, and i love some of the game series which are sony exclusive, am even considering to buy a ps3 myself. i only said that it is a bad strategy to rely only on software purchases, it would be very sad if the hardware business of sony would find an end just because it isn't capable anymore for them:. don't think that they would continue their activities if the losses become too big, though they won't run out of money

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Sony PS3: Expensive & unhacked, but includes free online play.

Microsoft Xbox 360: Inexpensive and hacked, has superior online play that cost money.

Nintendo Wii: Inexpensive & hacked (easily), has subpar online play and rely on costly controller modifications.

Sony PSP: the 3000 and Go are unhacked on newest firmware.

Nintendo DS & DSi: To hack just buy a flash card.

Sony PS2: Just get a swapdisc to hack, older versions can be softmodded with FreeMCBoot.

I think its kinda cool to see that its possible to make a console that still is unhacked, but i wish Sony would open up the console so linux could get proper 3D acceleration.
(Emulators ftw!)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Bladexdsl said:
how the fuck did you post so fast i just typed that. and NO it is not the battle system is a complete joke.

A) I troll these forums a lot. I post hot and quick.
B) They disagree
C) Just because you thought the system was "broken" doesn't mean it was.
this game is a hidden gem among the RPG's
it never did get popular but was very good none the less, and surpassed ct imo

he probably never even played that game
either that or just nintendy fanboys doing what they do best

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what a douchebag thing to say.

"This guy didn't like Chrono Cross, so he MUST be a fanboy!!!!"

How sad...

Also, why are you people surprised by Sony's stance on hardware? As I said earlier, it's been common knowledge for a long time that they do this. In fact, it has been their stance on every console they've released AND Microsoft shares the sentiment. Microsoft and Sony are GIANTS in the consumer electronics market, why would they need to sell inferior hardware for profit? Nintendo, on the other hand, is ONLY a game company. They must maintain almost constant profitability in order to stay afloat. The upper hand Nintendo has over the competition is, obviously, Nintendo games.

As a result, Nintendo is allowed to take more hardware risks in terms of interactivity where as Sony and Microsoft can take risks in terms of graphical power (though, the 360 was pretty middle of the road this gen, but power was their focus with the first XBox).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE