Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mw2.jpg
Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 are getting hacked to high heaven, and Infinity Ward says there's not a lot it can do about it.

The PS3 security problems aren't just Sony's headache; developers and publishers suffering, too. Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, says that it is feeling the effects of the hacks especially keenly, thanks to the popularity of the CoD series, and the experience has shown it that it can't rely just on platform security in the future.

Writing on the Infinity Ward forums, creative strategist and former community manager Robert Bowling acknowledged that there was a problem with hacked stats on the PS3. Unfortunately, he said there was very little that Infinity Ward could do, as the problem was not with the game, but with the platform itself. This meant that until Sony fixed the security problem, the hacking would continue. Bowling advised that people play in private matches with people that they knew until Sony re-secured the platform.

Infinity Ward isn't just washing its hands of the problem though. Bowling said that while Infinity Ward wasn't able to manually adjust or restore hacked stats at this time, it was exploring every possible avenue to help anyone affected. He also noted that this would only affect "legacy games" like Call of Duty 4 or Modern Warfare 2, and that future titles would employ security measures above and beyond the platform security.

This has got to be quite a blow, not just to Infinity Ward, but to Sony as well. Not only have the hacks opened the door for clever pirates, they're also threatening the integrity of the PS3's online multiplayer. The impact of gamers losing confidence in PSN could be quite severe for Sony, especially if it hopes to make a profit on the service this year. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source (VG247)

this is the only thing that sucks about the ps3 being cracked, little [mthr]s that cheat online

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't they say this every year? Yet every time someone manages to hack the leaderboards. Somehow, though, Black Ops hasn't been hacked as much as the previous titles; their security measures have obviously worked somewhat.

zachpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
zachpl said:
Thats why I only play online with my 360 ;0

The 360's been hacked ages ago. You can find JTAGers online to this day.

No, Jtag'ers are banned with in 5 minutes of going on live. The chance of finding a person on Black ops hacking is like 1 and 1,000,000.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
People hack on everything. CoD4 and MW2 were hacked a million times and still have active hackers all over them regardless of system. On Black Ops, this isn't so much a problem *yet*

I played tons of CoD4 and MW2 online on the 360, and I can tell you, tons and tons of hackers.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
the ps3 had barely any hackers at all before this recent exploit, i never got into a modded lobby or ever saw any hackers when i played mw2, i got up to lvl 70 5th prestige

That makes one of us at least. I ended up selling my copy of MW2 for the PS3 mainly just because I hated the online community though and the way other people played. Both teams playing "camp half the map" makes for a very big waste of time. I tended to end up in games where the entire enemy team would be camping too and my team would get slaughtered trying to move around.

I ended up in a few hacked lobbies though (oh boy were they hacked). They were more fun than the actual game though.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could not care less if some one hacks the leader board. I play Black Ops on the Wii and have run into only 1 hacked lobby and the guy was doing it just trying to show off and was acting like he was an elite hacker or something and all he did was use a usb loader and activate the cheats he wanted to use. I relly think more and more people are starting to want to earn their prestiges and the only group I see that uses hacks on the wii is those P$P kids.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am actually really pissed off about this today. I hopped on MW2 with a couple of friends earlier, pretty much every game we got into was a hacked lobby. So we got into one game where the host had hacked it, and I started shouting at him and telling him he had ruined the game for everyone else, etc. So what does he do? The prick resets all of my unlocks, I had every attachment for almost all of the guns, fall camos, etc. All legitimately unlocked, I spent 21 days of game time unlocking them. ALL GONE. Total bullshit.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
I am actually really pissed off about this today. I hopped on MW2 with a couple of friends earlier, pretty much every game we got into was a hacked lobby. So we got into one game where the host had hacked it, and I started shouting at him and telling him he had ruined the game for everyone else, etc. So what does he do? The prick resets all of my unlocks, I had every attachment for almost all of the guns, fall camos, etc. All legitimately unlocked, I spent 21 days of game time unlocking them. ALL GONE. Total bullshit.
Wow, I would have probably thrown my controller through a window or something. Then I would have proceeded to the nearest cat/dog and Kicked, and killed it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
contact activision/infinity ward about it, that's total BS

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the worst possible outcome. Honestly little cunts that do things to piss others off are the worst people. Then again it's not like anyone didn't see this coming...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zachpl said:
Slyakin said:
zachpl said:

No, Jtag'ers are banned with in 5 minutes of going on live. The chance of finding a person on Black ops hacking is like 1 and 1,000,000.
are you serious.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

zachpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
zachpl said:
Slyakin said:
zachpl said:

are you serious.

Currently hacking in the game? Yes. Using a previous glitch that was patched by treyarch, probably less, but none effect gameplay, nor were they hacked.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even more bullshit. I go on the IW forums, they say complain to Sony, there is nothing they can do. I complain to Sony, they say complain to Activision. Fuck that.

IW Forum said:
Sony has recently acknowledged a breach in security on the PS3 which resulted in games to become exposed to exploits and hacks. Modern Warfare 2 is no exception to this security exploit and we understand that some of you have experienced problems with stats and other issues associated with this.
Games rely on the security of the encryption on the platforms they're played on, therefore; updates to the game through patches will not resolve this problem, unless the security exploit itself is resolved on the platform. Regretfully, Call of Duty games are receiving the bulk of the hacker's attention, due to its high player counts and popularity. However, the number of legitimate players severely outweighs the bad apples.
If you are concerned about playing with players who are hacking, I encourage you to play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party or private match options in Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 to avoid such players as much as possible until this issue is resolved by Sony.
At this time, we do not have the ability to restore or adjust individual stats.
SonyThank You
Your complaint has been submitted.
Please contact Activision regarding this issue.
Due to PLAYSTATION®Network policy, SCEA does not disclose to individual users the status or results of individual complaints.

ARRGGHHH.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zachpl said:
BortzANATOR said:
zachpl said:
Slyakin said:
zachpl said:

are you serious.

Currently hacking in the game? Yes. Using a previous glitch that was patched by treyarch, probably less, but none effect gameplay, nor were they hacked.
jtag has nothing to do with glitches patched by treyarch, u sound lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: