Hacking Ps3 hack issues.

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.
I already own a hacked fat ps3, and was planning on hacking my slim ps3 too since I don't go online anymore.
I checked the minimum version for the slim and it's well below 3.55.
I then followed the instructions, (fish.hex in far right, clear browser cache) then I went to red's site, selected the nor downgrader and clicked write to flash and... Nothing.
I did this multiple times leaving the browser open for 15 minutes each time and nothing happens. The browser doesn't freeze, I can quit out whenever and reload the browser or go play games, if I didn't know better I'd say that I didn't press the "write to flash" button.
I heard that a bad connection can cause problems so I got a Lan cable and hooked it up with that, and still got the same result.
I've also tried the nor flash dump and idps with no luck.
My only guesses for what's wrong is either that my ps3 should be reformatted or my college Internet is blocking the site for some reason. Thing is I can visit the Redthetrainer site so the college would have to be only blocking the Javascript application and they would have needed to decide on blocking it within 6 hours of the exploits announcement.
I'd rather not format my ps3, and it'll be a pain in the ass to lug my ps3 and TV to another Internet access spot. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong/confirm my theories?

Last edited by TangentingTangerines,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.
I already own a hacked fat ps3, and was planning on hacking my slim ps3 too since I don't go online anymore.
I checked the minimum version for the slim and it's well below 3.55.
I then followed the instructions, (fish.hex in far right, clear browser cache) then I went to red's site, selected the nor downgrader and clicked write to flash and... Nothing.
I did this multiple times leaving the browser open for 15 minutes each time and nothing happens. The browser doesn't freeze, I can quit out whenever and reload the browser or go play games, if I didn't know better I'd say that I didn't press the "write to flash" button.
I heard that a bad connection can cause problems so I got a Lan cable and hooked it up with that, and still got the same result.
I've also tried the nor flash dump and idps with no luck.
My only guesses for what's wrong is either that my ps3 should be reformatted or my college Internet is blocking the site for some reason. Thing is I can visit the Redthetrainer site so the college would have to be only blocking the Javascript application and they would have needed to decide on blocking it within 6 hours of the exploits announcement.
I'd rather not format my ps3, and it'll be a pain in the ass to lug my ps3 and TV to another Internet access spot. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong/confirm my theories?
I seem to remember there being information about the browser lacking in ram utilization. Mine failed a bunch, so I set the page with the flash to NOR button as my homepage, cleared cache and it worked the first time after I restarted the browser with it for my homepage.

Last edited by Hking0036,

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to remember there being information about the browser lacking in ram utilization. Mine failed a bunch, so I set the page with the flash to NOR button as my homepage and it worked the first time after I restarted the browser with it for my homepage.
Currently trying this.
Also, how long should I leave the page running before I retry? I've heard some people say 5 minutes, some say 15, and other people say it's instantaneous.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently trying this.
Also, how long should I leave the page running before I retry? I've heard some people say 5 minutes, some say 15, and other people say it's instantaneous.
When mine worked it only took a couple seconds. I think if you see the wave thing behind the browser freeze then it didn't work, though I would still sit on it for a few minutes if it says success.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i'm not sure about this but i think i read somewhere that you have to be on 3.55 or higher for it to work
you have to be on 4.82. The minimum downgradable version has to be less than 3.55 which knocks out a few of the 25xx slims as well as the slims over that.

You can check those out here:
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When mine worked it only took a couple seconds. I think if you see the wave thing behind the browser freeze then it didn't work, though I would still sit on it for a few minutes if it says success.
Thing is the waves never freeze and the page never says success. The browser keeps running like nothing happened, nothing changes or freezes. My flash drive also never blinks like it's being read or written to. It just stays on this screen forever(unless I close down the browser).
DSC_0013-min.JPG

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is the waves never freeze and the page never says success. The browser keeps running like nothing happened, nothing changes or freezes. My flash drive also never blinks like it's being read or written to. It just stays on this screen forever.View attachment 106900
if you scroll down it will give you a message telling you if it failed or not, scroll down before you hit the button so you can see that. Beyond that I don't have a particular clue other than keep trying because webkit exploits are finicky. double check your flash drive has the right file and restart your ps3.

When you get to the flashing cfw stage, mine went up to like 40% and cut off but it installed fine, I think the whole thing is just a little bit weird right now.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just triple checked it, Javascript and cookies are both on.
If it's on, even not working it should give a message saying it failed at the bottom in big red letters. Honestly not a clue in that regard, last case I would say try hosting it yourself so you can see where it catches on your server-side. It sounds like it's just not running anything, though.

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, just went to try idps dumper again. While the idps dumper still doesn't work, it actually has an error message on the page. It says, "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: findIsVariableOffset"
Again this message only shows up under idps dumper but since none of them are working I'd assume it's a shared problem. If anyone knows what this means, please let me know.
DSC_0014-min.JPG

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, just went to try idps dumper again. While the idps dumper still doesn't work, it actually has an error message on the page. It says, "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: findIsVariableOffset"
Again this message only shows up under idps dumper but since none of them are working I'd assume it's a shared problem. If anyone knows what this means, please let me know.
View attachment 106902
are you still connected with the lan cable? you have to go into internet settings to switch over between ethernet and wireless as well. That message makes it seem like the stuff either isn't running, may be a connection problem or it could just be failing.

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you still connected with the lan cable? you have to go into internet settings to switch over between ethernet and wireless as well. That message makes it seem like the stuff either isn't running, may be a connection problem or it could just be failing.
Yep still connected via lan

TangentingTangerines

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I think I figured it out, and hopefully this will help any other people with the same issue.
The problem really was my godawful Internet. My college Internet is set to NAT type 3, which is apparently the strictest level of access. You can check NAT type by going to connection settings and running a connection test.
Apparently NAT type 3 can cause connection issues especially in online games, so it's no surprise that I can't run the exploit because of how sensitive it is to a poor connection.
Guess I'll have to wait on this exploit until I get back home for Christmas. :(

Last edited by TangentingTangerines,

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try with another flash Drive ? I had some similar issue at first but changing the flash Drive resolved them

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I think I figured it out, and hopefully this will help any other people with the same issue.
The problem really was my godawful Internet. My college Internet is set to NAT type 3, which is apparently the strictest level of access. You can check NAT type by going to connection settings and running a connection test.
Apparently NAT type 3 can cause connection issues especially in online games, so it's no surprise that I can't run the exploit because of how sensitive it is to a poor connection.
Guess I'll have to wait on this exploit until I get back home for Christmas. :(
if your school lets you register consoles seperately from normal pcs or otherwise, they'll make an exception for your console in the NAT. At school I just brought a router up and registered it as a console so I can get the best of both worlds. If that's really the problem, self-hosting it should solve your problem though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer