PS3 Fat best hack (which ps3xploit version)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Spartk, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Spartk
    OP

Spartk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    Hi,
    i've recently bought a ps3 fat 60gb for 30€ and i want to hack it with ps3xploit. i've read ps3xploit scene has reach 3.0 (HAN version). I just would like to know which one of the 3 versions is the best and fastest solution for my console. I've looked at some videos about ps3xploit HAN and i've found this hack very confusing and complicated, especially in resigning pkg. I didn't read anything about previous exploits, can anybody tell me if they're are easier to apply? my last hacked ps3 was a ps3 slim with cobra ode, simply working with original iso on an external hd. so now i'm a bit lazy :D. thank you!

2. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Stirling
    Since you have a fat ps3 you can install a cfw with PS3Xploit instead of using han

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  3. Spartk
    OP

Spartk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    thanks for the answer. which release? v1 or v2? and which CFW you suggest as most versatile?

4. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    v2 I suppse. REBUG 4.82.2 is the recommended CFW.

5. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Stirling
    If you have issues installing rebug directly then install ferox and install rebug over that

6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I'd recommend watching Skullators youtube vids - they made my rebug install a piece of cake!

7. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    If it's a fat,the first thing you need to do is find out if it's a nand or nor.Choosing nand or nor correctly is very important when your flashing your hex file.Choosing the nand or nor wrong can result in a brick.

kevin corms likes this.