PS3 Controller for Monster Hunter Camera

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Pierit, Apr 23, 2011.

Apr 23, 2011
  1. Pierit
    OP

Newcomer Pierit Member

United States
    Hello,

I bought a PSP a few months ago, pretty much exclusively for Monster Hunter. Having only played Tri, I was immediately disappointed when I realized how hard it was to control the camera without two analog sticks. I looked into using the PS3 controller, and all I could find was some crazy combination of IRShell, usbhostfs, and motionjoy. It worked for the main buttons, but it wouldn't let me control the camera with the right analog stick.

Is there anything else I can use? Or, is there some way to get the analog sticks working with what I already tried? I have a PSP-2000 with 5.50 Prome-2, if it matters. Thanks in advance.

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    No, you can't use a PS3 controller (uses Bluetooth, I think there was a hack for Gos but don't even bother because it won't give you the same controls as Twi or the PS2 iterations).

Just use "The Claw".

[​IMG]

Just with your left hand and the D-Pad. I played Monster Hunter first on the PSP and I was always used to it.

Also, may I recommend switching to 5.50 Prome-4 and getting Monster Hunter Portable 3rd? More monsters + weapons = sexy fun

3. Pierit
    OP

Newcomer Pierit Member

United States
    Yeah, I gave that a whirl and just couldn't get used to it. 125 hours in Tri has pretty much doomed me to needing two analog sticks.

Not sure what you mean by bluetooth though? I know the PS3 controller uses bluetooth for wireless connectivity; this was using a USB cable. The main buttons worked just fine, X O triangle square etc, but I couldn't get the sticks working.

4. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    remotejoylite would enable an external controller, but can be laggy and crash prone.

Pretty shitty advice, considering 3rd is just Tri with more stuff, and he has only played tri. He would get a lot more 'sexy fun' from MHFU which has the most content out of the PSP games.

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    How is it bad advice?

Portable Tri + more content = GREAT

and why not just have BOTH 2nd G/Unite AND 3rd on the PSP? Simple solution. Maybe I wanna fight a Jhen AND a Hermitaur on the same bus ride.

Also, don't bother with RemoteJoy, it's more trouble than it's worth.

6. Pierit
    OP

Newcomer Pierit Member

United States
    Well, I won't be playing anything if I can't sort out a way to get the analog sticks working. [​IMG]