Hacking PS3! CFW

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm looking to buy a PS3 Super Slim / Slim and try to cfw it myself. (never done it before really new to this)
I just want to cfw it and play games off internal/external hard drive using multiman? or there is something better than that? not sure, downloading games and dlc nothing more not going online don't want to risk getting banned, only offline play.
Does it need a custom software version to be cfw?
Which model can be done (super slim / slim)?
Which ps3 is the easiest to do?
Whats the simplest and fastest method to copy and install games to the hard driver and using it at its best performance?
Is there any guide such as " https://vita.hacks.guide/ " the Vita was really easy to do.

OR--->
Should i just get it done by someone else since i found an ad saying it can:
" Jailbreak ps3's
Can do any model of PS3
15$ for 12.000 downloadable games
Only takes 30 min ! "

I'm not really sure what to do and came here for help.
I just want to:
-Play games off hard driver offline (MIGHT WANT TO PLAY CO OP GAMES!) not risking getting banned without any performance drop/crash etc.

YOU CAN DM ME ON DISCORD ILeo#1156
Thank you for your help really appreciate it!

Last edited by ILeo,
Reactions: Hmed

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superslim can't install cfw. some 2500 systems can and anything below can. it needs minimum version of 3.56 or lower. there are tutorials on psx-place if you want to install cfw.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
superslim can't install cfw. some 2500 systems can and anything below can. it needs minimum version of 3.56 or lower. there are tutorials on psx-place if you want to install cfw.
Well i just want to " -Play games off hard driver offline (MIGHT WANT TO PLAY CO OP GAMES!) not risking getting banned without any performance drop/crash etc. " what exactry do i need to do? is ps3hen going to work? just simply want to play backups, copying them from pc to hard driver

Edit --->>>
Which ps model can i get to cfw, will it be hard or easy like vitas?

Last edited by ILeo,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my view HEN is a little safer from bans cause you must trigger it instead of it being persistant like cfw (just wish there was a built in "kill switch" or rather something like PS4'S DNS to block sony, just remember use a dummy psn account to activate your account (Idk if it's like evilnat cfw now where you can make the act.dat (Account activation file for digital games) out of thin air)

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: ILeo

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could probably block sony entirely with a proxy. just grab what url's it's pointing to and block them with your router or the proxy app itself.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my view HEN is a little safer from bans cause you must trigger it instead of it being persistant like cfw (just wish there was a built in "kill switch" or rather something like PS4'S DNS to block sony, just remember use a dummy psn account to activate your account (Idk if it's like evilnat cfw now where you can make the act.dat (Account activation file for digital games) out of thin air)
How good HEN is? compared to cfw in performace? which is easier to use?

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
both are the same. you need to use bguerville toolbox, I think, if the firmware is higher than 3.55.
will i be able to cfw a slim model myself or just bough a cfw slim instead? also is hen going to work with the super slim right?

Last edited by ILeo,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hen works with the superslim. you can install cfw on a system with minimum firmware of 3.56 or lower. that's up to 2500 with datecode A, I believe.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2500A i believe you are correct as B (I think) is 3.60 min fw and needs hen bugrville toolbox 1.0 or rather the first version patch to downgrade was VERY DANGEROUS even for 2500A and under I bricked my neigbors slim ended up giving him my 360 slim as compensation

Last edited by chrisrlink,

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2500A i believe you are correct as B (I think) is 3.60 min fw and needs hen bugrville toolbox 1.0 or rather the first version patch to downgrade was VERY DANGEROUS even for 2500A and under I bricked my neigbors slim ended up giving him my 360 slim as compensation
Then i might buy a ps3 already with cfw, cech2103A 4.88 has multiman and retroarch/ or rebug model i guess? saw an ad with pics showing multiman for 65$
----------------- edit

Not really sure which ps3 cfw to buy might need help with that 0.0

Last edited by ILeo,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then i might buy a ps3 already with cfw, cech2103A 4.88 has multiman and retroarch/ or rebug model i guess? saw an ad with pics showing multiman for 65$
----------------- edit

Not really sure which ps3 cfw to buy might need help with that 0.0
It's easy, you can install cfw on your own, unless you're not comfortable with hacking in general?

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's easy, you can install cfw on your own, unless you're not comfortable with hacking in general?
I'm ok with that, i have a "hacked" xbox 360, 3ds, ndsxl, psvita.
Do i need some kind of equipment to cfw a ps3? or just normal stuff like a usd, hd, pc? is it easy or too hard to do it myself? also which is the best cfw atm? also im all out on performance so i don't really want any performance drops like low fps dropped fps lag etc

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm ok with that, i have a "hacked" xbox 360, 3ds, ndsxl, psvita.
Do i need some kind of equipment to cfw a ps3? or just normal stuff like a usd, hd, pc? is it easy or too hard to do it myself? also which is the best cfw atm? also im all out on performance so i don't really want any performance drops like low fps dropped fps lag etc
You only need a usb & pc. What you mean by best cfw? You mean which firmware like there's 4.87hfw etc, i myself i'm on 4.82 cex Rebug but you can choose any one that you like really . Also cfw doesn't affect games or fps/lag in games etc.

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You only need a usb & pc. What you mean by best cfw? You mean which firmware like there's 4.87hfw etc, i myself i'm on 4.82 cex Rebug but you can choose any one that you like really . Also cfw doesn't affect games or fps/lag in games etc.
So hen and cfw are the same in performace wise for the games?

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, As far as i know.
Since I'm a newbie which ps3 slim model is easiest to cfw without any errors and crashes also does it need to has a specific system software ver?
--------------edit
also you can dm me on discord if you don't mind DISCORD: ILeo#1156

Last edited by ILeo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"