Hacking PS3 bad .pkg install

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a bad .pkg install to my PS3, and now there is an unknown folder displayed in the games section of my xmb. I tried using the triangle but there is no option to delete it. Does anybody know where I can look on the internal hdd to find it so I can remove it manually?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, what you see on the xmb is built into a single file (they are like shortcuts to the actual information). What happened is that you have a entry in this XMB file that does not refer to a correct physical location on the harddrive.

You should be able to go into recovery mode and rebuild the database which should fix it.

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm, I googled it and it seems simple. Just one question though, will rebuilding the database remove cfw? That wasn't mentioned in the post I read.

edit - everything went ok, cfw still intact and the offending unknown folder has been removed, thanks for the help.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I can help, I didn't want to make it seem that you had to actually do any work. It just rebuilds a couple of things including the xmb file

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spoke too soon, the rebuild moved the corrupted data folder inside another folder on the xmb, I really don't know where that folder came from, it was there after I installed a spoofer. Regardless, I'm updating my cfw kmeaw 3.55 to something more current, maybe that will take care of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.