PS1/2 ps2 won't power up

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plugged my silver slim in and there is no red light. I checked the the adaptor when it's plugged in and it is putting out 8.5v. I wiggled the cable and not a second of power. Any ideas on troubleshooting this thing from here? I bought the power supply from gamestop a week ago and oddly enough this thing dies now. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its most likly the power brick, if not then the power brick probaly caused a fuse to blow internally,, anyways if you have an electrical tester take the positve end and shove it into the hole of the yellow tipped and and touch the ground to the outside of the connector, carfully plug it in . If you get no voltage then the brick is shot.

snakepliskin2334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or it may be the socket it self try a different one and see what happens sometimes the socket it self goes bad you never know and it maybe the adapter you are using because they to go bad from time to time

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. My multimeter is stating that the adaptor is outputting 8.6v when plugged into the console. How would I go about diagnosing which fuse is bad, and go about changing it?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check them for continuity with the meter. No continuity=dead fuse. You should be able to find a diagram of them all for your version ps2, along with their values.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?