PS1/2 PS2 softmod

brianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Plz can the person who made the tutorial make it more specific so that everyone understands tutorial....(No offence to the person who wrote the tutorial)

And what I meant by that i meant

like this:

Preperations:
Matrials:

Step 1: balallalala

Step 2: jdjsdjsd

Step 3 : jfofjsodf

And add some pictures so it will be easier for people to understand.....

Just some advice to this tutorial: because I dont understand this...

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Link5084 said:
Can FMCB play burned PS1 games?
Nope. I've said that before but whatever, I'll say it again.

CPhantom said:
I'm also using a Thin line though, the 77001, so I don't think that'll work.
Your stuck. Sorry!

QUOTE said:
Plz can the person who made the tutorial make it more specific so that everyone understands tutorial....(No offence to the person who wrote the tutorial)

And what I meant by that i meant

like this:

Preperations:
Matrials:

Step 1: balallalala

Step 2: jdjsdjsd

Step 3 : jfofjsodf

And add some pictures so it will be easier for people to understand.....

Just some advice to this tutorial: because I dont understand this...
Um... Go learn how to read first before trying this and wait until your older then ten (10). Mine is the easiest out there so far.

I've tried Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories so far, and it works perfectly. Thanks for the guide, dude!
Thanks.

I'll hopefully get some photos up soon.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also tried KH RE: CoM. No problems, but Dragon Ball Z, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (or W/e) turns up black and white. No big deal, just pointing that out.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of using the Burned CD exploit method. There's one thing though, I want to use a memory card explot that has cogswap method so the PS2 boots the disc. How does it all work?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I'm not completely stupid, but I'm having a hard time following this guide...

I've created my exploit save. What the hell do I do with it? I save it as an xps, then use my GameShark 1.2 to load it onto my Sony 8MB Memory Card, as well as BOOT.ELF from ULE 4.30, and COGSWAP.ELF...

I have no idea what I need to rename to what, or anything like that... can someone please help me?

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YourSystemConfiguration.ps2

but when I name the exploit that, and try to copy with GameShark 1.2, it say's it can't copy it... the original is only like 3k, but the expolit is over 458k

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
YourSystemConfiguration.ps2

but when I name the exploit that, and try to copy with GameShark 1.2, it say's it can't copy it... the original is only like 3k, but the exploit is over 458k
Hmm... What does it say?

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
16 pages, didn't bother looking through them. But if you have a way to copy something over to your Memory Card (Such as a gameshark or a friend with a modded memory card.) this is the easiest way I've found to do it. (I just splurged on the Memor32, but I've been modding friends memory cards with easy.)

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/FMCBv...or_dummies.html

Works like a charm.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apex said:
16 pages, didn't bother looking through them. But if you have a way to copy something over to your Memory Card (Such as a gameshark or a friend with a modded memory card.) this is the easiest way I've found to do it. (I just splurged on the Memor32, but I've been modding friends memory cards with easy.)
If you don't like my guide then don't use it.

Any more posts saying that my guide sucks will be reported. Unless you have something to ask or thank someone don't post.

QUOTE(zidane_genome @ Dec 15 2008, 11:40 AM) failed to copy

I'm not sure if this is even gonna work with the GameShark 1.2... I really really hope so!
I have no idea.... Good luck!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Any more posts saying they don't like my guide will be reported.
That'll be a waste of our time unless they are pretty much "this guide sucks". Constructive ones though may be considered ok.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, how about instead of complaing about people helping me by pointing me to another guide, help me yourself, so they don't HAVE to point me to another guide!

anyone have a gameshark guide for copying the exploits over to the MC?

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, how about this... if anyone has the exploit, and can send it to me, or if I give you the PS1 trigger disc slus code thingy, can someone make the exploit for me?

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, sorry for the triple post, but I got it working...

You might wanna add this to your guide...

GameShark 2 (v1.2)

In Ps2_Save_Builder, save your exploit as a .md file, then rename it to "Your SystemConfiguration.ps2" (make sure you put the space in there... Your (space) SystemConfiguration.ps2

Use the Code Manager/Save Manager to first delete the one on your memory card, then copy the exploit over to the memcard. With a lot of praying, and luck, reboot your PS2, and put in your PS1 trigger disc, and you should get uLE screen.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um.....playallday did you answer my question already? I said:

"I'm thinking of using the Burned CD exploit method. There's one thing though, I want to use a memory card explot that has cogswap method so the PS2 boots the disc. How does it all work?"

Also

"is it true that you can use ESR to use as a boot method so the PS2 can read the burned CD with the FMCB files? If so, how does it work and what do you need?"

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
OK, sorry for the triple post, but I got it working...

You might wanna add this to your guide...

GameShark 2 (v1.2)

In Ps2_Save_Builder, save your exploit as a .md file, then rename it to "Your SystemConfiguration.ps2" (make sure you put the space in there... Your (space) SystemConfiguration.ps2

Use the Code Manager/Save Manager to first delete the one on your memory card, then copy the exploit over to the memcard. With a lot of praying, and luck, reboot your PS2, and put in your PS1 trigger disc, and you should get uLE screen.
So wait would this work with a slim line then? O.o;;

My PS2 model is a 77001, so I'm not sure if I can make a softmod with it or not.

flameo200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to use the AR Max Evo method for my ps2 slim, but realized it's a 75001, so it may not work.

Then i realized: McBoot is installed to the memory card, right? Could I just use the AR Max Evo method on a fat PS2 (with a much better chance of working), use my memory card, then just stick it in the slim to have it work?

My brother and I are heading home for the holiday's, and he has a regular Playstation 2, so if anyone can let me know this works I would greatly appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
  • B
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you loose an email account and can't sign in its understandable most think it's funny and they can get away with it instead of trying to make amends over their actions unless they mess up so bad the entire community tells them to f off
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or to test some stuff
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    cri-mge
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why I don't want my name all over the place people get things twisted over the smallest thing and it turns into a dumb ordeal
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    damn, pretty ok
    price on that too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What's good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Damn, those are sick.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup sylv! Watching a twitch streamer, trying to find things to 3d print that will help me organize things a little but, just chilling overall, hbu?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I'm doing good, thx. What are they 3D printing at the minute?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Just printed one of these to hang my xbox one controller on the wall and get it off my desk
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Wow, nice. I see a very good use out of them.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, do you have a microcenter near yu always see cheap ssd but they sell out in like a hour
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, kinda, about 45 minutes away or so
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have a lot of microcenter SSDs, always grab some when I go in there. Always end up needing an SSD for a server or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sucks most the deals are pick ups
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter like let's open stores but make people drive an hour out
  • B @ btjunior:
    all i did was upload some copyright protected files even after being warned smh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    didn't mean to send early
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant to send the JonTron "it's the real santa praise jesus" meme in response to luke
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i meant to send the JonTron "it's the real santa praise jesus" meme in response to luke