Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but how do you go about running the backups? I have my burned DVD from my ESR patched ISO, and my FreeMCboot installed, but when I insert my DVD, It just gives me a FMCB Splash screen for 5 secs and turn black on me! This is probably the most I've sucked at something like this before XD

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried inserting the disc after FMCB loads? That's what I do. If anything, enable FASTBOOT in your FMCB .CNF. There's more info on that skapps' guide.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Isn't FMCB the modified menu that comes up when you don't insert a disk? I tried that, still black screen after I press launch disk.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to try this because I'm too cheap to buy a Swap Magic. What I was wondering if the only DVD-Rs I have on me will work with it. I have Fujifilm DVD-Rs that were made in Taiwan.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Anyone answer my question?
as long as you store those elf's on the memory card then you will not need to have a USB drive plugged in an can configure it to your liking

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CPhantom said:
Just curious, but would Gameshark v1.3 work with this? My brother owns one of those and we could use it if it works.
Well, why not try?

Hero_Of_Fate said:
I wanted to try this because I'm too cheap to buy a Swap Magic. What I was wondering if the only DVD-Rs I have on me will work with it. I have Fujifilm DVD-Rs that were made in Taiwan.
It mostly will work, but over time it may kill your laser.

QUOTE(Pizzaroo @ Dec 4 2008, 11:03 AM)
Wait, Isn't FMCB the modified menu that comes up when you don't insert a disk? I tried that, still black screen after I press launch disk.
Open "ESR" and NOT "Launch Disk".

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then, what DVDs should I be looking into getting? After all, I don't exactly want to kill my laser all that quickly.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hero_Of_Fate said:
So then, what DVDs should I be looking into getting? After all, I don't exactly want to kill my laser all that quickly.
I hear Verbatim is very good. I use junk TDK's on mine, EB games will fix my laser for free (for a year
wink.gif
). They work but I wouldn't tell anyone to use them.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Well, I'll try out the Fujifilm DVDs to see how the work out first. They're a pretty good company, so I'm not TOO worried. I'll probably switch over to Verbatim once I have the money, though.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh thats what I've been doing wrong, thanks! XD

EDIT: WOAH! IT WORKED! FUCK YEAH THANKS!

EDIT 2: Running my backup of onimusha 3, no problems at all!

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
With gameshark V1.3, you can't boot a file directly from the gameshark, and it does not have a media player. What other way would be possible to do this? I can get the files onto the memory card, but that's it.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got Shadow of the Colossus and Resident Evil 4 backed up so far. Now, God of War. It's a DVD9. What tool do I use to shrink it to less than 4.7 GB? I heard GNIE doesn't work. I eventually want to do God of War 2, Devil May Cry 1-3, ICO and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as well. Do any of those games that have burning issues (like dual-layer)?

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have backups of Shaun white snowboarding, SOTC, Onimusha 3, and Meltyblood, all seem to be working so far, many thanks!

EDIT: Oh, I'm going to keep verifying then XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, she is non binary