OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded two games in PAL format so far (Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks and Lego Star Wars II) and when I play them, the screen is pushed down and not centered properly, or Black and White.

I never downloaded a PAL game since, but then Smackdown vs RAW 07 and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 were released, but PAL. It's tempting, but I went to pass. But then I overheard someone at a torrent forum say to patch it for NTSC consoles or something like that. Can I get details on what exactly this is? Will this make PAL Games show up properly on a console in NA?

Yeah, someone just said at a Torrent site for SDvR: "Use the Pal to NTSC Convert, it will position the screen better."

When they say better, does it mean fix it completly? Or just less off-centered?

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
I've downloaded two games in PAL format so far (Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks and Lego Star Wars II) and when I play them, the screen is pushed down and not centered properly, or Black and White.

I never downloaded a PAL game since, but then Smackdown vs RAW 07 and Budokai Tenkaichi 2 were released, but PAL. It's tempting, but I went to pass. But then I overheard someone at a torrent forum say to patch it for NTSC consoles or something like that. Can I get details on what exactly this is? Will this make PAL Games show up properly on a console in NA?

Yeah, someone just said at a Torrent site for SDvR: "Use the Pal to NTSC Convert, it will position the screen better."

When they say better, does it mean fix it completly? Or just less off-centered?

As far as I know, the patcher will sort of force the game to make your PS2 output NTSC instead of PAL50
currently, your TV may not be compatible with PAL and treat it as an NTSC signal. NTSC's color encoding and vsync are different from PAL, causing your B&W and screen display issue.

anyway, patching should fix both color and screen issue
Some PAL games also have native NTSC output
... and if you use a swap magic to run your games, you may try to force the video output to NTSC in the bootscreen.

try this link for patching, it sounds very well explained
smile.gif
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121718

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...