PS2 newbie general question about modchips

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by scousethief, Jun 14, 2009.

1. scousethief
    OP

scousethief GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2006
    Hi well bought a ps2 today at a price that was truthfully a no brainer , now what i would like to know is what is the best way to play backups on it ? I can solder pretty well so that isnt so much of an issue finding a cheap chip is proving to be a bit of a chore. I am in the UK so if anyone could tell me were i can buy a cheapish chip that basically will play games ( via pm if it isnt allowed ) i would be gratefull , oh the Ps2 is the fat version.

Thanks for any info

Scouse

2. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
  3. scousethief
    OP

scousethief GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2006
    I did, from what i could glean from the sticky is that the basic options are

soft mod in which case i need to source an action replay = money

swap magic in which case i need to source the swap magic disks = money and then mess around everytime i want to play a game.

chip the ps2 and not worry about anything else.= money

i would rather chip the console , my chipped wii has been running a wiikey since they were available with no problems , my daughters softmodded wii needs continual updates.
    I did read your sticky ( i didnt read any of the following posts because half the time theyre just bashing the op needlessly ) which is why i did say if it wasnt allowed then it was ok to pm me , dont take that as any sort of sleight my way of thinking is that if i am going to have to spend some cash then i might as well buy the chip and be done with it.

Thanks for the reply.

Scouse

4. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

May 23, 2008
    Canada
    [@N@[)@
    I don't mind at all if you prefer chipping it, so do I. But with the PS2 chips are costly (I think about $50+) and really hard to install (x10 harder then the Wii). The softmod works really great on the PS2, I've had no issues yet.

Good luck. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice