PS2 90010

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by The Composer, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010

PS2 90010 by The Composer at 3:44 PM (1,929 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Just bought a portable HDD that I want to use for ISO loading on a PS2.

My problem starts with my console. I have a PS2 slim 90010 model (with Modbo 4.0, Matrix Infinity clone chip). Because it's the newest model, I simply can't install FMCB by any means.

I can't use the offcial PS2HDD either. My options are using the Open Loader (in this case, I have the 0.7 version in a multiloader app disc).

The questions are:

What other options do I have to load ISOs on a PS2 slim with an external portable HDD?

How can I transfer ISOs to my external drive? I tried to use WinHIIP 1.7.6, but needs an official HDD (or formatted as an official one).

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    USB Loading is slow as hell. And you need to use USBUtil to put the games on your FAT32 formatted HDD. Since it's a slim, i recommend looking into network loading as that's faster than USB Loading. Oh and yes you could use your portable HDD for that too, but just any HDD, no matter what filesystem you are using will work(for network loading!).

PS: When loading via network, the games need to be in the USBUtil format as well. In the latest betas, there's .iso support for network loading, but you need to compile that yourself...

3. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Just got the USBUtil 2.1. When I have the ISOs on the FAT32 formatted drive, can I load them with Open Loader?

Also, how does the network loading work? I thought that you need a network adapter for PS2 (which I don't have, and never will probably).

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Didn't you say you have the latest ps2 model? Only the V# numbers tell me something. If your ps2 has a network port, you can use the network loading. You need to create a share with the name PS2SMB, and allow the Guest access to it(or in case of WinXp, just as usual). Then in Open PS2, you give your ps2 an IP adress that's free, put in the IP address of your router(or the PC if the ps2 is directly connected to the PC), the IP address of your PC and it should work. In the PS2SMB share, you need the .isos is the USBUtil format when you use the 0.7 version.

PS: You might need the latest beta or else your modchip messes everything up. Alternatively, you can disable your modchip when loading Open PS2 Loader

5. bewitched

Member bewitched GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    ps. the quoted text is partially copy and paste from another forum, so no credits to me...

6. melodeath82

Newcomer melodeath82 Member

United States
    This was just what I was looking for, thanks for explaining this.