OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help
I have been disc swapping recently.
Now sometimes I wanna play my official copy of my fave ps1 game, it says "please insert playstation CD ROM" and I have to reset it til it goes to the game. (Sometimes it gets stuck on the PlayStation1 logo) Help please. And the CD player keeps stuttering tracks on my CDs (my CDs are in sexy condition) please help.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flip the console upside down and see if it still stutters. If it doesn't, the drive rails are worn down. More accurately, the tops of the drive rails are worn, which is why it may run better when resting on the underside instead.

If there's no difference then you may need to adjust the CD lens potentiometer, also known as a "pot tweak".

supernintendo128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning on Diagnosis mode by pressing Triangle on the BIOS and again after highlighting "Console" on the Version Information menu. Either way, there's something wrong with your DVD drive. If Diagnosis mode works, it's a temporary fix until you can replace the DVD drive.

EDIT: Wait. My bad. I thought you were talking about a PS2 and not a PS1. In that case the above instructions won't work. Follow ChiefReginod's instructions.

Last edited by supernintendo128,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Heres a reference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, just googled that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    made a copy of the original r4.dat just in case
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also according to the guide i should install ysmenu
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Codes are just guidelines filthy pirates
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i need the acekard 2 (i) flashcart loader for mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    the readme file says Acekard 2(i) folder:- Acekard 2, 2.1, 2i- EDGEi (not the original EDGE or the original iEDGE)- R4 Ultra, R4i Ultra- R4iTT 3DS NEW, RTS- R4i3D NEW, 2012 or later- r4isdhc.com NEW, 2013- r4isdhc.com Dual-Core (no year number)- r4isdhc.hk carts before 2019- translucent r4igold.cc 3DS carts- r4i-gold.me carts 2013 or later- r4infinity.com Dual-Core- r4ids.cn R4i Gold 3DS Plus with faulty DS mode
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Get the one that says "R4i-SDHC, r4isdhc.com cards 2014+, R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution, R4DSiXL3D, R4i Advance, R4-IIIi, R4 SDHC Revolution, R4(i) Pocket, R4i Gold (v1.4.1) (3DS) & R4xDS"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Then inside the folder, copy "R4.dat" and "TTMenu.dat" to the root of the SD card. Replace the files when asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If the "Autoboot" folder is on the card, do remove it, as it is not needed once you copy the necessary autoboot files.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, im talking about the flashcart loader not the autoboot
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, You don't need the flashcart loader, you just need the autoboot and that's it.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I think its working tysm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    storm cleared up for now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but btw is the nds file from the wood r4 v1.62 folder from the nds boot files zip file the one i should use
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc i downloaded the wood
    bl2ck firmware
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No problems
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can't we all just smoke a bong
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then a fight broke out
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Can't we all just get along??
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I may delete all the shovelware games already included. like damn there are few good games in my r4
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may delete all the shovelware games already included. like damn there are few good games in my r4