OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help
I have been disc swapping recently.
Now sometimes I wanna play my official copy of my fave ps1 game, it says "please insert playstation CD ROM" and I have to reset it til it goes to the game. (Sometimes it gets stuck on the PlayStation1 logo) Help please. And the CD player keeps stuttering tracks on my CDs (my CDs are in sexy condition) please help.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flip the console upside down and see if it still stutters. If it doesn't, the drive rails are worn down. More accurately, the tops of the drive rails are worn, which is why it may run better when resting on the underside instead.

If there's no difference then you may need to adjust the CD lens potentiometer, also known as a "pot tweak".

supernintendo128

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try turning on Diagnosis mode by pressing Triangle on the BIOS and again after highlighting "Console" on the Version Information menu. Either way, there's something wrong with your DVD drive. If Diagnosis mode works, it's a temporary fix until you can replace the DVD drive.

EDIT: Wait. My bad. I thought you were talking about a PS2 and not a PS1. In that case the above instructions won't work. Follow ChiefReginod's instructions.

Last edited by supernintendo128,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended