Hacking Ps1 games on the psp, and their titles? or lack of it...

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have like 75 ps1 games on my psp, and when I go to them I see these memory cards icon or whatever. And I dont see the titles.

However I can press triangle and go to info bla bla bla.

But it's very ineffective when you're searching for a particular game.

Would anyone know if a plugin excists, so you can see titles in a like a overview or atleast per title directly without having to press buttons?

THANKS!

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
ps1 game MUST be convert to EBBOOT format with a Popstation app
and put the the PSP/GAME folder each in is own folder

PSP/GAME/FFVII
PSP/GAME/FFVIII
PSP/GAME/FFXI
PSP/GAME/Tombai

if you make the eboot right you should be able to see the game title

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I take it you just downloaded these games from some nefarious place? Sounds like whoever made them didn't name them properly.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have converted all games using this psx to psp tool. It automatically entered all names. I pressed convert and get a folder named like SLUS000123

I tried renaming the folder, but when I put it on my memory card it would read as damaged data.

So I converted 160 psx games using there SLUS folders. Anyway. There is no such thing as any title. Not even slus etc. so i doubt that info you are saying.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
what tool?

there are tool like PSX2PSP that let you set the name of the game
and set the different thing the show on the xmb when you highlight it on the XMB(icon and background) and set the screen the show right after you run the game

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is the tool I use. And NO psx2psp doesnt let you set the name of the game. Or well it can has an option to use gametitle instead of ID. The folder that is output: APPEARS CORRUPT ON THE PSP. Hence, I can only use game ID/(slus02013012) ... for the games.

I have no idea what you mean with your 2nd sentence.. what is XMB anyway>?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
are you using BATCH MODE, (that quick and lazy way)

PSX2PSP will let you set the Title for each game, if you DO NOT USE Batch mode

it will take longer but if you do Each game, you should be able to set the game title(and everthing else) if you do it normal slow way

one game at a time

Ryudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All my PSX games that are converted with PSX2PSP 1.42 have proper names. Should work just fine.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
none of my converted games have names. i know what they are by the icon and background image i used during the converting process. for THPS, for example, i see the tony hawk pro skater icon and the ps1 box art. when i press triangle to goto information, then the title is there.

try following the guide:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-converting-ps1-games-for-psp.206195/

-another world

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still having this issue.. my games are batch converted... so it's too late to add images not that I would cuz its too much work for 200 psx games.. or to do them one by one, is insane.

Any plugin or method I can use to quickly find out what game I am dealing with?

SILENT_Pavel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chrisssj said:
Yes, you can. Go to CFW recovery menu - configuration - hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu - enabled.
Done, now you can see the titles (if your games have Sony ID, iso like NetYarozeCollection will not have Sony ID).

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still having this issue.. my games are batch converted... so it's too late to add images not that I would cuz its too much work for 200 psx games.. or to do them one by one, is insane.

I do believe batch mode tends to be a bit glitchy. It's never put out a good eboot for me, but that could be caused by me running it under WINE. Either way, try repackaging them under classic mode. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

spencer5976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be really lame,but I enjoyed making my PS1 Eboots. I didn't do all 100 in a day but 4 or 5 a day, picking pics, cropping pics, re-sizing and formatting them pure bliss.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
h
Yes, you can. Go to CFW recovery menu - configuration - hide PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG in game menu - enabled.
Done, now you can see the titles (if your games have Sony ID, iso like NetYarozeCollection will not have Sony ID).

Thanks!! that is a little bit better... though it is not instant... takes 1.5 sec for the text to show.

Worst thing is it is also not listed alphabetically..

I had much preferred a simple text list with my games..

Anything else I can do??

SILENT_Pavel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anything else I can do??
Unfortunately psp can't handle so much games to load them fast from big memory card (this is not mini sd adapter? real memory stick? use real memory stick for top performance)

Another tips:
  • 0. Install "ps3" theme or another, that make your XMB much smaller, you will see more titles/also try to install alternate OS like IRSHell if possible or something like
  • 1. Try to find in CFW recovery menu something like "speed up MS access - enabled" - if you will find it, turn it on. (depends of your psp type and cfw version)
  • 2. Try to use this psp psx converter with picture as title that will do automaticly - PSX2PSP tool.
  • 3. Forget about psp. Use android device (with buttons) with psx emulator, that can handle fast loading from ROM list full of games and etc.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
0. downloaded it, but didn't change anything.. for example http://www.psp-themes.net/tech-computer-themes/ps3-theme-296-psp-theme.htm
IRSHell doesn't work. I got 6.6 pro C or something
http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-software-firmware-plugins/72782-irshell-6-60me-1-3-a.html
1. This option was not present!
2. This is Chinese to me? I have used the PSX2PSP yes. The games I ran through it had an empty Game-card icon in the pSP game list.
3. I hate phone's stupid radiation and touch. I love psp's want to make this work also for my nephew.

It's a shame though cuz it's ALMOST perfect.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually I did find speed up MS access - enabled. IT was named memory stick speedup . and options are always , game and vhs, vhs and pop, pop, game, none, vhs.

I set it on always.. Lets see if it makes a difference.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you're trying to do now, disregard my previous post. I never had that many Eboots on my PSP to think about something like that. Anyway, the only thing you can do to have them in alphabetical order is modify the time stamps on the folder the Eboots are in, unless you want to run them from a shell like IRShell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo