Country
United States

PimpinBudha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, um the Downdater instructions on Dark Alex's website aren't very clear. Could you explain it better than he has? Cause like I hear things about my PSP's motherboard. And this little piece of the readme file confuses me:

"This software requires that someone with a 1.50 runs a little program and send you the output so
you can init the downdate process. (by legal reasons i cannot provide those files directly, that's why
this is needed).
The 1.50 program is TOTALLY safe, it only dumps the flash of a 1.50 user and it also extracts some special
prx's found in the 1.50 updater."

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does Dark Alex's newest firmware work when I have a PSP that has firmware 2.6 right out of the box?

Nope, you need to downgrade your PSP back to version 1.5 then install Dark Alex's custom firmware from there.
Wait your saying I can go buy a new PSP on shelves now and downgrade it to 1.5?

Only if it contains certain firmwares!

Versions can be downgraded up to 2.80 firmware.
The next downgradable version after that is 3.03 but this requires an unpatched GTA:LCS UMD.

Anything above 3.03 cannot be downgraded at the moment.

PimpinBudha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could you please give me a link of some sort or direct me toward a place with a good tutorial on how to donwgrade from 2.60. Thanks for all your help so far by the way.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, um the Downdater instructions on Dark Alex's website aren't very clear. Could you explain it better than he has? Cause like I hear things about my PSP's motherboard. And this little piece of the readme file confuses me:

"This software requires that someone with a 1.50 runs a little program and send you the output so
you can init the downdate process. (by legal reasons i cannot provide those files directly, that's why
this is needed).
The 1.50 program is TOTALLY safe, it only dumps the flash of a 1.50 user and it also extracts some special
prx's found in the 1.50 updater."

I'm not completely down with all the downgrading programs around as I haven't had to do it with my PSP, but I will try and help out.

What version firmware do you have on your PSP currently, also when you open your UMD drive can you see some lettering+numbers written inside? That way you can determine your motherboard type.

PimpinBudha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK thanks. Um I have firmware version 2.60. Inside the UMD drive, you mean the numbers on the gree motherboard piece right?

EDIT: If that is correct the numbers are: IC003 (the I might be a T)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

PimpinBudha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well my memory stick didn't come yet so I can't try it but it seems promising from what I can see in the forums there. I'll let you know soon. Do you have an AIM account I could contact you with in case I have more questions?

EDIT: That one isn't compatible with the motherboard of my PSP.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
be sure to read carefully on exactly how to do it... you cant messed up you do one thing wrong when downgrading and you have a bricked psp
frown.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well my memory stick didn't come yet so I can't try it but it seems promising from what I can see in the forums there. I'll let you know soon. Do you have an AIM account I could contact you with in case I have more questions?

EDIT: That one isn't compatible with the motherboard of my PSP.

Do some searching on the maxconsole forums for your motherboard and downdater/downgrading as the search options. You should find better information then I'm able to help you out with.

Like I said I haven't really been following the whole downgrading scene since mine was done from 2.0.

I don't have an AIM account, if you have more questions post on here or maxconsole, I'm sure somebody will help you out.

PimpinBudha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks. I just downloaded that before you gave the link too. Thanks!\

EDIT: Another quick question, I have a UMD Iso but I dont know how to get it on my memory stick. Should I convert it with Popstation or is there some other program to convert UMDs only? I have 3.40OE-A firmware from Dark Alex. Any help would be appreciated because I would prefer not to use Devhook.

D

Deleted User

The UMD iso (you're speaking of a PSP game now, right? not PSX/1!?) can be used without further converting it and there's absolutely no need for devhook if you're running 3.40 OE. Just put the UMD iso in X:/ISO/ on your memory stick and it will show up in the XMB. Just goto 'Game -> Memory Stick'.

This might be helpful too: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40046

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure there's a UMD in the drive, when launching a game the PSP checks if there's a UMD in the drive. AS long as it is NOT a Movie UMD. It has to be a Game/Demo UMD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock