ps vita tv

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Skyhigh_, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Skyhigh_
    OP

Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    United States
    Is this worth it for someone that already has a portable vita?

I figure being that these are going for $40 for a couple of months now that if i wanted to play some games on a bigger screen and with a DS4 controller that it wouldn't be too much to shell out.

i don't have a ps4 to stream games though

2. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States

There is a lot of Vita games that are not compatible with the Vita TV, if you're fine with that then $40 is a good price.

There is a list of compatible games if you want to see if your favorite game is on it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

3. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    I bought one at this price for much the same reason. The number of titles it can't play for whatever reason is a bit disappointing, but it's quite nice for the games it can play. Some games even look better on the PS TV, imo. Dualshock 3 controllers also work, for what it's worth (and they have MUCH better battery life). If you've had PS+ for awhile, chances are you've got a crap load of compatible games. For $40, I'm happy with it. If I'd paid $100, I'd be a little pissed. The Netflix app hasn't been approved, and a few notable PSP games haven't as well (Dracula X Chronicles isn't approved in NA, though I've heard the European version is). It also can't output at 1080p, leaving you to either choose Auto, which will default to 720p, and it's kind of a fuzzy mess, or manually set the device to 1080i, which looks pretty good, but is incompatible with any PS1 classics, should you choose to play those.

Hopefully that gave you a bit of insight into the product and didn't just confuse you more. It's a cool device, but unfortunately, there's a reason it's selling for $40.

4. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I'm happy with mine, but I also have a PS4. it doesn't get a ton of use, and a working netflix app would make it killer, but it's alright

5. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The PSTV is a fucking awesome micro-console with either a 32GB or a 64GB card so the storage is more or less unlimited to store tons and tons of PSP, PS1 and emulator games.

Also once you figure out how simple it is to transfer PSP and PS1 games the only tedious part becomes transferring them to the device (one at a time).

6. EntermateStar

EntermateStar GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    United States
    yeah but vita memory is still expensive as all hell, i certainly am not willing to get more than 8gb

7. Muffins

Muffins Banned

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Mirrors
    When I needed an extra PS3 controller, I bought one of these things (it was on sale for less than the cost of just the controller alone).
    I have to say, if it weren't for the whitelist, the thing would be wonderful. When I'm on the road, I use my Vita, and when I get home I just pop the memory card into it and everything works great... until I want to play a game. Roughly 80 percent of what I've got on my Vita hasn't been whitelisted, including some real lovely gems like the Metal Gear Solid Collection and Silent Hill Origins. The ones that DO work, on the other hand, like Persona 4 Golden, work really well.
    For only $40, I would say it's worth taking the plunge on.