Hacking PS Vita Game Ports

ErikHG10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello I have a question about Vita game ports... If we have Gta III, Wolfenstein: Return To Castle, Half-Life, CS 1.6., etc... and probably Vice City. Is there any possibility that we'll get Hitman 1 or 2 on Vita? And also I was thinking about Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis or Far Cry 1. Love to see it on PS Vita <3.

Reactions: IRHP

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Probably 0%. All the games you're listing that have been ported have free open-sourced engines/implementations that can be ported to different devices (with some work, of course) so they can run various games listed.

But there are no free open sourced engines for any of the games you want ported, so they can't be ported over.

ErikHG10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Probably 0%. All the games you're listing that have been ported have free open-sourced engines/implementations that can be ported to different devices (with some work, of course) so they can run various games listed.

But there are no free open sourced engines for any of the games you want ported, so they can't be ported over.

Thank you for info :), is there any page or list where I can look for open-source games?

Reactions: IRHP

nowhereman87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here there are very complete lists of various open source games, both originals, source ports or remakes. Several of them are possible to port to Vita, some "more easily" than others, depending on the code language, framework, libraries used etc. (Sorry for not being more specific, I'm not at expert at all)
Here is another list that includes some "big" commercial games whose source code has been leaked, which although it would make a port possible, does not mean that it would be straight forward, nor legal:

Please keep in mind before requesting ports to devs, to learn what are the conveniences of a game/engine to be brought to Vita. Also, that it takes a lot of work, so it is good to support the devs with donations on their sites or creating bounties to motivate and reward the devs on a new request, like those of Vita Nuova server:

Last edited by nowhereman87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.