Hacking PS Vita Fan Translation Questions.

AlchemistY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, I just joined the forum and am extremely new to the Vita homebrew scene. Basically, localizations for the Vita have been seeing a slow slope lately and so I accidentally stumbled upon fan translations. Honestly? I was overjoyed! Some of the best games I wanted for a long time but knew will never get localized are getting English patches by dedicated fans. So, my questions might be extreeemely dumb in your eyes but hey, I'm basically as newbie as they come haha. Okay so I've always bought things from PSN so I had to update my Vita every time. In other words, I updated it to Firmware 3.68 recently. I have never installed HeNkaku- hell, I don't know what it is. So, is there any way I can play games with fan translations? Example: UPPERS is receiving a fan translation. Let's hypothetically say I bought the Japanese version of UPPERS. Is there any way I can play the English patch on my Vita? Do I need HeNkaku to play the English version of the game? Or can I just download it directly? I mean, I get you need it for proper hacking but do you also need it for fan translations?

Again, super sorry if these sound like dumb questions and thank you for anyone who answers ^_^!!

*EDIT*: NVM, got my answer- you can't. Bummer. Thanks anyways guys :)! I don't know how to delete a thread so no need to reply anymore. Thanks!

Last edited by AlchemistY,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh