Annoying Weaboo Girl
OP
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using USBs as storage for about a month now, and every USB I use, ends up becoming corrupted.
I've tried usbmc and storagemgr with the same effect happening on both.
It's worth mentioning that I don't use standby mode.

Two USBs that ended up corrupted were SanDisk 8 GB flash drives (that I've been using for several years, and one became corrupted to the point it was unusable), and the third was a PNY 16 GB flash drive (which I've owned just over a year).

Yesterday when I was backing up some files, it was showing corrupted files in usb:/app/PSPEMUCFW (Adrenaline), though I'm unsure if this is the cause of the corruption.

Mainly just looking for suggestions on avoiding this or whatever.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That´s some serious issue, but why don´t you use USB HDDs instead? Try to connect on just to test if the corruption still occurs.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
OP
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
That´s some serious issue, but why don´t you use USB HDDs instead? Try to connect on just to test if the corruption still occurs.
I'm not going to get a HDD for it, wouldn't be worth it. I have a SSD for holding game backups and other stuff, but I only plug it up as necessary.

Also, if a flash drive has corrupted to the point where it's unusable, why would I want to risk an HDD? And it'd probably need to be externally powered, which is pretty much not doable for my setup currently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head