kp_centi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can i use PS1 PS2 Swap Magic discs with the PS3. When you reach the load game part, just eject it and put the disc in? I could never find a answer for this. No i don't want to mod, i want to just use the Discs. Thank You

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kp_centi said:
Can i use PS1 PS2 Swap Magic discs with the PS3. When you reach the load game part, just eject it and put the disc in? I could never find a answer for this. No i don't want to mod, i want to just use the Discs. Thank You

only on early PS2-compatible PS3s IIRC.

kp_centi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
kp_centi said:

only on early PS2-compatible PS3s IIRC.

Mine is the CECHE01 model. Works with PS2s with some bugs. So I can buy those swapmagics. Which one do i get?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just use the discs. It's called SWAP magic for a reason. What do you think the PS3 is going to do when you press eject and try to stick in a PS2 game on a DVDR?

You'll have to take the top off of your PS3 and "Swap" like the name implies. Or wire a switch to "trick" the PS3 into thinking that the eject button wasn't pressed.

kp_centi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
You can't just use the discs. It's called SWAP magic for a reason. What do you think the PS3 is going to do when you press eject and try to stick in a PS2 game on a DVDR?

You'll have to take the top off of your PS3 and "Swap" like the name implies. Or wire a switch to "trick" the PS3 into thinking that the eject button wasn't pressed.
Well that's odd, ejected before and it didnt boot back or whatever. I switch from a game with the same engines it just loads the disc stuff weird, and or it freezes. What would happen if i dont do a swap trick thing?

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no...I have a Swap Magic Disc for my PS3, and I didnt have to take the top off of it....I can play emulators and even some PS2 iso's...I have the 60gb PS3

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can play PS2 isos with PS3 ps2 compatible thru USB or SMB with OPL 0.8

You need to have a retail SwapMagic 3.6+ or 3.8 disc. (currently there is no other option available)

The steps for loading Open PS2 Loader :

1. Rename OPS2LD.ELF to SMBOOT0.ELF
2. Make a folder in the root of a USB device, name it SWAPMAGIC and copy the SMBOOT0.ELF into it.
3. Launch SwapMagic in your PS3 and press UP+L1, then Open PS2 Loader should start.

SwapMagic has 4 options to run an ELF file, so you can use any of them if you have other ELFs your also using with SwapMagic.

SMBOOT0.ELF = UP + L1
SMBOOT1.ELF = UP + L2
SMBOOT2.ELF = UP + R1
SMBOOT3.ELF = UP + R2

kp_centi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Magsor said:

You need to have a retail SwapMagic 3.6+ or 3.8 disc. (currently there is no other option available)

2. Make a folder in the root of a USB device, name it SWAPMAGIC and copy the SMBOOT0.ELF into it.
3. Launch SwapMagic in your PS3 and press UP+L1, then Open PS2 Loader should start.

SwapMagic has 4 options to run an ELF file, so you can use any of them if you have other ELFs your also using with SwapMagic.

SMBOOT0.ELF = UP + L1
SMBOOT1.ELF = UP + L2
SMBOOT2.ELF = UP + R1
SMBOOT3.ELF = UP + R2

Amazing, USB and Backup disc loading too! Which version of the swap magic is best to get?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kp_centi said:
Magsor said:

SMBOOT0.ELF = UP + L1
SMBOOT1.ELF = UP + L2
SMBOOT2.ELF = UP + R1
SMBOOT3.ELF = UP + R2

Amazing, USB and Backup disc loading too! Which version of the swap magic is best to get?

3.6 for the best compatibility with DVD5 (normal) games, 3.8 for DVD9 (dual layer) games like god of war and cheats. Remember though that you can always make a DVD5 rip of one of your DVD9s to DVD5 by removing bonus movies. I have 3.6.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can only use USB loading when Swap Magic is on PS3. You cannot swap the disc.

USB loading is slower and has lower compatibility. Also PS2 games on PS3 tends to lag, this will not be an issue to regular games. This will become an issue for fighting and FPS games.

Overall, it is best to play PS2 games on PS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-