PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
gisel213 said:
Rydian said:
gisel213 said:
I do own all those games and will upload photos of my gaming library also if needed..
I asked you where you mentioned it.

It was another thread i believe i was buttin heads with Antwill on the topic or something....

Well, excuse us for not reading some random-ass post in a random-ass thread.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care who saw it or not i just know i have a big collection and investment in ps3's and ps3 games that i own now EVERYONE can
read and see this CLEARLY!!!!!!! In this random ass thread
rolleyes.gif

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
gisel213 said:
I don't care who saw it or not i just know i have a big collection and investment in ps3's and ps3 games that i own now EVERYONE can
rolleyes.gif

If you wave your E-peen around anymore you're liable to hurt someone.

eltrut

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but they are currently fighting in the courts in Aus.

Sorry if this is a repost

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
gisel213 said:
rolleyes.gif

On your internet slang I don't think i'm better than anyone else i just thought the homebrew version of the dongle is wrong... no backups fine but no PSN also????

Seriously u don't think people are gonna use it for h4x0ring the internetz, such as online games and trophies.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing in this thread strikes me as being a bit odd...

Given that this is GBAtemp, and NDS & Wii hacking are rarely (if ever) questioned, why does the PS3 seem to be so sacred?
Why the flaming over downloading PS3 games?

Several members seem to think that they can download as many NDS & Wii games as they want, but if they then buy PS3 games, they are not actually pirates...

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
gisel213 said:
dudeonline said:
gisel213 said:
rolleyes.gif

On your internet slang I don't think i'm better than anyone else i just thought the homebrew version of the dongle is wrong... no backups fine but no PSN also????

Seriously u don't think people are gonna use it for h4x0ring the internetz, such as online games and trophies.

If you don't like the way a particular group is doing it, then either A.) Buy the authentic PS Jailbreak, B.) Wait till someone does this fully for cheaper, or C.) STFU.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gvaz said:
That may be the case to the consumer, but actually your "rights" are whatever the eula says that you agreed to when running the hardware.

Like some 360 users think they're free to say whatever they want in their profile and get mad when they're banned over it. They're leasing space on the xbox servers, its not "theirs" at all.

The EULA says how the software may or may not be used. It does not say "We can take away stuff we advertised awhile back just because one other guy was doing stuff we didn't like". Technically the EULA should have let Sony take away Geohot's Linux, not everyone else's.

Also, like I said before, Xbox Live is a service. They're letting you onto the service because they want to. They're completely able to delete their profile because they own the server and the content on the server. However if Microsoft were to take away your game because in the single player version of the game you named yourself Dr. Fuckweed that would be against the law. You can do whatever you want because you own both the game and the console and Microsoft has no control over what you own (besides maybe updates).

Ever wonder why Microsoft only bans pirates from Live instead of trying to brick their consoles?

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
gisel213 said:
dudeonline said:
gisel213 said:
rolleyes.gif

If you don't like the way a particular group is doing it, then either A.) Buy the authentic PS Jailbreak, B.) Wait till someone does this fully for cheaper, or C.) STFU.

A.)I did buy/pre-order the psjailbreak a while ago like everybody else.... B.) I bought the teensy++ just for the experience and i own plenty of games to try it with...
C.)STFU??? like seriously i quit flaming you why are you still flaming me Schizoanalysis made a good point and we are not helping the thread....

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gisel213 said:
like seriously i quit flaming you why are you still flaming me Schizoanalysis made a good point and we are not helping the thread....

Good points don't go down well here...
smile.gif

I would guess that he has spent a lot of money on PS3 games with the expectation that the console won't be hacked, and now that it has been, he may be angry that others could get the games he paid for free of charge...

I think the point remains - downloading a PS3 game is no different to downloading a Wii or NDS game...
The PS3 is no more or less sacred than a Nintendo console...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok trying to get back on topic instead of the immense amount of trolling and flaming going on.

What strikes me as odd is why haven't the held up stock of the PS3Jailbreak, been sold in stores in Hong Kong or China. Sure Sony has injunctions on most Western retailers, but none of what I'm hearing from Hong Kong or China indicates that either clones (which seems 'relatively' easy) or even 'diverted' stock is leaking into the grey market. I don't think any retailers even had any product in stock to ship, so that supply has to be somewhere in China or Hong Kong. I certainly don't think they were shipping blanks to Europe, loading thousands of usb clips manually, then shipping them out. Certainly the market there is willing to pay the premium. Hell I've personally seen entire teams of Hong Kong people fly out to Japan, buy the PS3 during the opening day, fly back and resell at outrageous prices. If they could find a way they'd be selling the Jailbreak for a ton of money, even 2-4 times the MSRP at this point. The fact that they're not is somewhat surprising.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Because it's not yet time for commercial sale? Yes, some hong kong reseller could sell it early, but generally you don't want to tick off your supplier.

The announcement was just 13 days ago, and at that time the first sample models (which were likely built by hand by the original guy since it takes time for production at a factory to ramp up, as that's how it usually goes) had barely reached the supplier stores.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gvaz said:
That may be the case to the consumer, but actually your "rights" are whatever the eula says that you agreed to when running the hardware.

Like some 360 users think they're free to say whatever they want in their profile and get mad when they're banned over it. They're leasing space on the xbox servers, its not "theirs" at all.

Statutory rights always trump whatever is in a EULA. A EULA is not legally binding in the same manner and do not over write your legal rights. Which is why most EULA state something along the line 'statutory rights not affected'.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
gisel213 said:
so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it
Because piracy is wrong?
tongue.gif
Before you say "But.. But .. I want to back up MY games that I have bought so they won't get damaged", need I mention as everyone has before, blu-rays are pretty damn near indestructible? Unless you throw your discs around and use a sanding block to clean the marks off them, you have nothing to worry about.
Indestructible, eh?

My first PS3 chewed up a copy of MGS4, to the point that it could no longer play ANY cutscenes fluidly (and as you would know, there are a LOT of them in that game). Needless to say, it was returned quickly after that. Thankfully my brother had bought the MGS4 pack with the money I had given him, and he'd sent me over its fresh copy so I could still play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1