XP
Country
Netherlands
lacrymosa967 said:
Hasney said:
maxim380 said:
BlackAce83 said:
t_jay17 said:
Now it seems that there is another one called ps3key .
All they want is your e-mail address so they can spam the fuck out of it
rofl2.gif

I don´t think so. I typed in my e-mail adress, and it says its invalid
tongue.gif

Doesn't mean they haven't captured it. Probably comes up as invalid so you try another one that they can harvest.

I put in two gmail addresses that I don't use - and yes, they both said it was invalid. Whatever you do, DO NOT enter your good email addresses in it!!

@ Quincy: Good plan, let us know how things go!!
Ghehe I will. 1st thing I will do is make a picture(or more lol) of it if it ever does arive

edit: Off to bed, will react again tomorrow, hell maybe its in tomorrow but I doubt that.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elotrolado is reporting from it's tests that game updates don't work at all on backed up games. If they're already on the system, the game won't boot.

Any games that were buggy before the first patch are going to be a bitch now. Hopefully that can be worked around in the future.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasney said:
Elotrolado is reporting from it's tests that game updates don't work at all on backed up games. If they're already on the system, the game won't boot.

Any games that were buggy before the first patch are going to be a bitch now. Hopefully that can be worked around in the future.

That's fine, just don't update the game..Not everyone has wireless connection for their PS3 so not everyone can update games, when it asks to update the game can we just press NO and continue backing up the game?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hasney said:

that could be a good thing or a bad thing, if cheats do happen on the ps3 i want the device to disable updates so for me it's a good thing, however some games don't work unless you update the game so it could be a bad thing.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Hasney said:

that could be a good thing or a bad thing, if cheats do happen on the ps3 i want the device to disable updates so for me it's a good thing, however some games don't work unless you update the game so it could be a bad thing.

Exactly. This could be a way for publishers to thwart the device even if Sony doesn't release a firmware update. Release the game utterly broken and require an online update. That way you can't use the usb dongle to play the game even if it's offline. Not sure how viable that is in reality, but it's certainly a path publishers could take to protect their games.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'm going to buy the device (it seems pretty expensive and basic as is) but I was wondering how exactly is the compatibility for the device and the games that get installed to the HDD?

I assume all games that read from the disc AND the HDD are incompatible through the Backup Manager?

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
so, would it be okay to grab the 3.41 update from the official sony site?
It wouldn't make sense for alterations to be made to the firmware, right?

Yeah it should be ok to get it.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
so, would it be okay to grab the 3.41 update from the official sony site?
It wouldn't make sense for alterations to be made to the firmware, right?

From what I've read the current device is optimized for 3.41. so IF you're interested in updating then doing so now is probably the best bet.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd think someone should be able to find a workaround for the update problem. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix, although I'm saying this blindly. If they cant fix it, though, that's pretty much a deal breaker. Some games come really glitchy where updates are needed, and if I can't get the updates then I'll just stick to buying retail...

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I'd think someone should be able to find a workaround for the update problem. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix, although I'm saying this blindly. If they cant fix it, though, that's pretty much a deal breaker. Some games come really glitchy where updates are needed, and if I can't get the updates then I'll just stick to buying retail...

Yeah the update issue will be a problem..but not everyones PS3 has access to the Internet so how do those people snatch an update..Some games require an update but I know that when I download Wii games and even XBOX 360 games they probably have updates on them but I remove the ones for the Wii and for the XBOX who knows, I dont have XBOX live anymore anyway so Im not even sure if those have updates. I dont really mind if I cant get updates but it would depend if the game required one in order to play it properly or not..but considering not everyone has wireless access in order to download updates, I doubt Sony does it..I think the worst thing they do is ban people from the PSN network, just like Microsoft did with XBOX Live..not a huge tragedy

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
There were no updates for PS2 games (Just Cause 1 needed one, phew what a buggy game), yet many of them were plain brilliant, and most games the games nowdays usually do not require patches and all, but still they release the patches to make it look like they're still "supporting" the Title.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if they can just remove/replace update files from the game dump? or perhaps the game dump has to be unmodified to run? hemm

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So you can't play games that require title updates? Or you can but you have to remove all the updates for the games from the HDD first? If it's the former, LittleBigPlanet will be a pain in the ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month