PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
i wonder how big these games are exactly.. like if a certain file is over 4gb and can't run on an external, how big is the game uncharted?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hasney said:
t_jay17 said:
If you put the game on the hdd do you still need to do the installation for the game?

It's emulating the blu-ray, so yes.

Please don't answer questions if you have no idea of what you are talking about.

No one that has the dongle in their hands has actually answered this question yet, so how the hell do you know?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rizzod said:
i wonder how big these games are exactly.. like if a certain file is over 4gb and can't run on an external, how big is the game uncharted?

Well, a lot of games like uncharted are larger than 4 Gigs(as an ISO). The backup method of the PS Jailbreak involves copying over the entire file structure, file by file, so that if just one file is over 4 Gigs, then an external HDD dump cannot continue.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
Hasney said:
t_jay17 said:
If you put the game on the hdd do you still need to do the installation for the game?

It's emulating the blu-ray, so yes.

Please don't answer questions if you have no idea of what you are talking about.

No one that has the dongle in their hands has actually answered this question yet, so how the hell do you know?

Because it behaves in exactly the same way the dev kit emulator does (which I have used) in that it emulates the BD-ROM and the game appears in place of the BD-ROM inserted.

Not only that, but the game data you have ripped from the blu-ray will still have calls to the location of the installed files, which when not detected, will have to be installed as per the original game. These are sometimes in compressed install packages so worst case-scenario, if the jailbreak somehow tells the emulated blu-ray to look within it's own files, the load will fail.

I will PayPal you one English pound for the inconvinience of ignoring my post if it turns out to not be the case.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
No one that has the dongle in their hands has actually answered this question yet, so how the hell do you know?People posted screenshots in this thread (I think from ozmodchips, but maybe another site) of how the PS3 works with the dongle in, and it did show the BD emulator and such.

QUOTE(rizzod @ Aug 24 2010, 11:59 AM) i wonder how big these games are exactly.. like if a certain file is over 4gb and can't run on an external, how big is the game uncharted?
http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wiki/index.ph...to_Internal_HDD
That says one of uncharted 2's files is over 4 gigs, so that needs to be on an internal.

Remember, unlike other systems the PS3's harddrive is user-swappable with any SATA laptop (2.5") drive, you can get a 500GB 7200RPM drive for $70 on newegg.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ModchipCentral said:
Anyone have some games they'd like us to test that haven't been tested yet?

Mainly PS3 exclusive games & FF13. Ingame footage where the actual gameplay would be nice. Instead of just loading up the title screen.

maxim380

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
snake32493 said:
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition.

Same here. I have F3, but I dont want to buy all the DLC because i dont have a creditcard, and my parents find it to expensive
frown.gif

So the GOTY edition would be great

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
DigitalDeviant said:
Quincy said:
Hmm

Would it be possible to run "pirates" with this?

(I am receiving a review sample of the x3Jailbreak soon so I want to test every bit out of it)

psx-scene has confirmed that x3Jailbreak to be fake.

Who gave you a sample?
the team itself..

btw can you post the article?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quincy said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Quincy said:
Hmm

(I am receiving a review sample of the x3Jailbreak soon so I want to test every bit out of it)

Who gave you a sample?
the team itself..

sure here it is

source

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
DigitalDeviant said:
Quincy said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Quincy said:
Hmm

Who gave you a sample?

the team itself..

sure here it is

source
As you can see from the above image, both devices follow a similar layout with a bank of SMT’s leading to a crystal oscillator then a flash controller and lastly the SMD (Activity light). On the lower device, the flash memory itself is located on the underside of the PCB, as the many vias present in the PCB around the flash controller indicate. A similar arrangement of vias are present on the purported x3Jailbreak, leading me to believe that there is actually a flash chip present on the rear of “their PCB” too.

Upon further inspection of the original PSJailbreak, it’s obvious that its functionality is completely different from that of a normal USB drive, with ground and data being used as what I assume is a serial connection to the host. Data+ and data- of x3Jailbreaks’ PCB, however, shows me without question that the PCB they are showing off is nothing but the internals for a generic or branded-clone USB flash drive, which is further supported by x3Jailbreaks’ act of masking the flash controller’s printed ID. This chip is most likely an Alcor AU6984 flash storage controller.

There you have it. For the time being at the very least, the x3Jailbreak is fake.

It is not 100% confirmed yet. Let's await the 1st reviews online and my test unit.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
Quincy said:
DigitalDeviant said:
Quincy said:
Hmm

Who gave you a sample?
the team itself..

sure here it is

source

That doesn't actually confim it as fake.

Quincy

Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
mehrab2603 said:
QUOTE said:
they may be sending you a normal usb stick
Thats why I am planning to jerk it into my pc 1st to see what happens before I make the 30 min drive to my mate with a PS3 lol

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Hasney said:
maxim380 said:
BlackAce83 said:
t_jay17 said:
Now it seems that there is another one called ps3key .
All they want is your e-mail address so they can spam the fuck out of it
rofl2.gif

I don´t think so. I typed in my e-mail adress, and it says its invalid
tongue.gif

Doesn't mean they haven't captured it. Probably comes up as invalid so you try another one that they can harvest.

I put in two gmail addresses that I don't use - and yes, they both said it was invalid. Whatever you do, DO NOT enter your good email addresses in it!!

@ Quincy: Good plan, let us know how things go!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!