DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
Wii emulator might actually be possible. If dolphin could be cross compiled, and somebody made a homebrew library for communicating with wiimotes through the PS3s bluetooth stack, the PS3 shoudl have more than enough horse power to emulate the Wii (at higher resolutions for that matter).

thing is the wii is so easy to hack I don't think most devs would bother.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Control scheme issue? you sure?
Connect wiimote through bluetooth..
Have a wireless sensor bar...
Not like all games need motion or the wiimote like brawl.

oh already said..
but yeah better resolution and why not I have a wii already.
tongue.gif

I know it's not that easy.. just dreaming. not demanding
biggrin.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
yeah but I have no clue how to install .is it pretty simple to do it..what basically would I be doing..swapping the drive I have now for the other one..since I already have some stuff already on my PS3 hard drive does everything get transferred over? I think I will just use the external drive so I hope the issue with the ntfs is fixed by releaseIt's really simple to do, and you can backup your stuff to a flash drive and then copy it back over, the PS3 will let you do that easily.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Aug 20 2010, 10:09 PM) I don't see people actually buying this. PSX-Scene is already telling everyone to NOT buy it, as there will be a FREE alternative in the near future. JungleFlasher is working on getting the BD-ROM hacked as well so play burned games. People are paying a large price for being the first ones to have it.
Except that this contains extra hardware not found in a USB flash drive...
This isn't even a USB flash drive, in fact.

Unless they just changed the vendor ID or something, which would be so stupidly easy it'd have been done years ago if it was at all possible to fool it like that.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
starfox223 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SV2QbvnwSk...feature=related

This idiot claims he found the files on a public FTP server that was being used to hide the files stored on the usb dongle.
He even has a tutorial. Anyone want to risk file infection and try this?
Yeah and his download is a trojan.

I'll never understand the mind of a person who has NO life but to try to destroy other people's computers for a cheap thrill. What a jerk, I knew it was a virus because people on the psx-scene were saying that it was a virus.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Lakerfanalways said:
Tanas said:
starfox223 said:

This idiot claims he found the files on a public FTP server that was being used to hide the files stored on the usb dongle.

I'll never understand the mind of a person who has NO life but to try to destroy other people's computers for a cheap thrill. What a jerk, I knew it was a virus because people on the psx-scene were saying that it was a virus.

Usually those trojans are not used to destroy a computer but for data harvesting...Bank accounts, Xbox Live accounts, MMORPG accounts, Paypal, etc...

B

ball2012003

dudeonline said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Tanas said:
starfox223 said:

Usually those trojans are not used to destroy a computer but for data harvesting...Bank accounts, Xbox Live accounts, MMORPG accounts, Paypal, etc...
Ok what you just said is even worse than having your computer destroyed.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Lakerfanalways said:
yeah but I have no clue how to install .is it pretty simple to do it..what basically would I be doing..swapping the drive I have now for the other one..since I already have some stuff already on my PS3 hard drive does everything get transferred over? I think I will just use the external drive so I hope the issue with the ntfs is fixed by releaseIt's really simple to do, and you can backup your stuff to a flash drive and then copy it back over, the PS3 will let you do that easily.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Aug 20 2010, 10:09 PM) I don't see people actually buying this. PSX-Scene is already telling everyone to NOT buy it, as there will be a FREE alternative in the near future. JungleFlasher is working on getting the BD-ROM hacked as well so play burned games. People are paying a large price for being the first ones to have it.
Except that this contains extra hardware not found in a USB flash drive...
This isn't even a USB flash drive, in fact.

Unless they just changed the vendor ID or something, which would be so stupidly easy it'd have been done years ago if it was at all possible to fool it like that.

Your right..that doesnt look hard at all..I will just my cousin do it for me since I dont have the no know to do something like that but it does not look too hard. So with an internal hard drive I can backup games directly to it and not have to worry about the 4gig 1 file thing that I have been reading about? I will see what happens..500 gig sounds good, but it would be better if it were 750 or more..games fill up fast on those suckers..what is the best internal drive to get for the PS3?

So as far as the jailbreak goes, since the USB drive that we will buy is not some run of the mill USB drive it will be virtually impossible to clone so we will just have to cough up the cash

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
ball2012003 said:
dudeonline said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Tanas said:
starfox223 said:

Ok what you just said is even worse than having your computer destroyed.

Yep, it sure is. This is usually the #1 reason why people are like "ZOMG MY ACCOUNT GOT HACKED!" and Phishing is usually #2.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
starfox223 said:

I just switched from vista to ubuntu to try that crap under WINE and it definatly disapears when opening definatly a trojan.... but no worries
Linux rulz....

The app in the vid could be real and the person could be a sony employee tryin to fuck us all up... but that file is certanly not the app in the
vid,,,,,

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I went to Best Buy.com and I found this internal drive..
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate+-+Mome...p;skuId=9799255
I'm assuming this is the one that I am allowed to put on my PS3 since its a 2.5 inch..I have the 20 gig fat PS3 right now with firmware 3.41 and I dont really have anything on my PS3 right now that is worth backing up so it is just better to pop in the new drive and not do the backup?? And when I put in the new drive, will I still have firmware 3.41? As long as I wont have any issues with the PS3 by doing this it might be worth it..I wonder how many back up games I can put on a 640 gig hard drive LOL..or is it just better to buy an external one? I prefer external but with the issue with the NTFS that is being worked on I dont want issues where some games can be backed up while others cant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night