Protest e-bay with me.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am protesting e-bay because they are getting RIDICULOUS with these charges!

1) Limiting how much you can charge for shipping in cretin categories.
2) They have quite a racket going on with e-bay listing fee, final price fee, PayPal fee.
3) IMO they charge too much just to list something.
4) They do not advertise in any way to get people to bid sooner then 5 seconds before an item ends.

I am sure they have other reasons people hate them and 3/4 are pretty weak but. Whatever

Maybe I will make a website called "ebidet" or something!
smileipb2.png

Anyone wanna join in?

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
epicelite said:
I am protesting e-bay because they are getting RIDICULOUS with these charges!

1) Limiting how much you can charge for shipping in cretin categories.
2) They have quite a racket going on with e-bay listing fee, final price fee, PayPal fee.
3) IMO they charge too much just to list something.
4) They do not advertise in any way to get people to bid sooner then 5 seconds before an item ends.

I am sure they have other reasons people hate them and 3/4 are pretty weak but. Whatever

Maybe I will make a website called "ebidet" or something!
smileipb2.png

Anyone wanna join in?
Me, I do. Totally fed up with them, auctioned off a digital camera recently and not only did it cost 3.50 EUR in fees for Ebay, I had to pay 4 EUR for the Paypal transaction and had to wait a week for the money to "arrive" in my account due to a "security check" from Paypal. And of course it takes another week for them to transfer it to my bank account. That sucks. They sit on my money (and that of countless others) for seven days and collect interest.

This was the last time I sold something on Ebay. I hope they choke on the money they made off me.

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing i dont like is the shipping price limit. theyre just trying to make more money since they dont make money off of your shipping. but they did that cause sellers abuse that and rack up the shipping so they barely get a sellers fee for the money they make.
I think its BS how you are limited to $4 shipping when it costs $4.80 to ship it priority! Should raise it up to 5 atleast.
EDIT: yea i hate how the seller is the one who is charged for the transaction! They should be the ones who are charged the fee.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe said:
Protesting it will do nothing. Just don't visit the website and go with Craig's List or something.

Problem with craigslist is it is LOCAL and 95% of e-mails you get a scammers.

sgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold a PS3 game recently for $28, and they charged me a $4 final value fee on top of the paypal and listing fee.
cry.gif

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is why i hate ebay a buyer could buy from you and you get the final value fee and they don't pay.you can fight but instead of ebay putting the money in your paypal account they make you use it for when you list something else.that is why i use amazon i know how much i'm going to get when i sell something andthey only charge you when you sell something.there is no listing fees.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to let you know amazon tells you how much money they will take away from you before the item sells and they give you how much shipping credit you get after it sells.so what ever money you see your going to make add the shipping credit to.there is only one con i can think of right now about amazon they take about 12-15% commission but like i said what ever money you see your going to make that is what you will make when it sales.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Ebay may charge a lot of fees, but thing is, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the highest price someone is willing to pay for your shit.

1. Yes, they limit how much you can charge for shipping, but you can use calculated shipping. Input the weight, size, and method of mailing, and you will receive exactly what it costs to ship it. Do you want it to go back to $.01 + $50 Shipping for items buy it now?

2. Lot's of fees for maximum exposure. Simple as that. You are paying to advertise your item on one of the most visited websites on the world. Shouldn't be cheap.

3. Listing fees are like 10 cents if you start the price low, I have no idea what you mean by this one.

4. Bidding at the last second is not ebay's fault. It is a smart tactic used by smart buyers. Why jack up the price of something you are trying to get for cheap if it doesn't end soon? If you don't like sniping, then stick to buy it now.

All in all, ebay can't be beat. If you went and started your own website, there would be like 6 users. Sure ebay has it's downfalls, but it's currently the best place to sell all of your stuff.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E-bay cant be beat because THERE IS NO WEBSITE THAT CAN COMPETE WITH THEM AND THEY HAVE A FUCKING MONOPOLY!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Protest e-bay?

Man, you might as well urinate toward a strong headwind.

You won't do anything useful,
aside from sully your own screenname(s).

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CorruptJon said:
No. Ebay may charge a lot of fees, but thing is, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the highest price someone is willing to pay for your shit.

1. Yes, they limit how much you can charge for shipping, but you can use calculated shipping. Input the weight, size, and method of mailing, and you will receive exactly what it costs to ship it. Do you want it to go back to $.01 + $50 Shipping for items buy it now?

2. Lot's of fees for maximum exposure. Simple as that. You are paying to advertise your item on one of the most visited websites on the world. Shouldn't be cheap.

3. Listing fees are like 10 cents if you start the price low, I have no idea what you mean by this one.

4. Bidding at the last second is not ebay's fault. It is a smart tactic used by smart buyers. Why jack up the price of something you are trying to get for cheap if it doesn't end soon? If you don't like sniping, then stick to buy it now.

All in all, ebay can't be beat. If you went and started your own website, there would be like 6 users. Sure ebay has it's downfalls, but it's currently the best place to sell all of your stuff.

3)listing fees maybe 10 cents but some people don't get lucky when they sell at a low price they might end up not getting close to what they want to make.i notice it when i try to sell for example a ds game i only get like 1-2 bids while other people selling the same thing as me get more bids and make more.i never understood how people that were selling wii's in the beginning when it first came out started their price at 1 cent and still to this day it is happening.i think who ever starts selling anything at 1 cent stole the item they are selling because i don't think anyone is stupid enough to lose money after paying $250.

EDIT
4)if the item you are trying to bid is popular the price will always go up even if you wait till the last minute to bid.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
And why get all angry about it? I agree, the OP could've sold his intent a bit better, ie by not asking for a straight boycott. But IMHO the word has to get out that Ebay is a greedy, bad managed company that doesn't care one bit about its customers. That's a fact that everyone who deals with them should always keep in mind.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
last time i checked, their share price was plummeting along with their profits.... what sort of idiot runs it, really, it takes a special type of stupidity to screw up the on-line equivalent of a pawn shop in a fucking recession!

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange reasons of the OP to protest, really.

I've had some first-hand negative experience with ebay and paypal regarding fraud. No one really cared about me telling them that a fraud was going on, and I didn't even get all my ebay expenses back.

So I'm done with them. They could've just gone on printing money forever, but actively supporting fraud and now many people recognizing the situation I think they'll be going down within a few years, 'monopoly' or not. I fully agree UltraMagnus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: