Prospect of playing PS3 games anywhere with Vita rules!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by DigitalDeviant, Feb 19, 2012.

1. DigitalDeviant
    OP

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    As I understand it hackers have been able to trick the PS3 into thinking the PS Vita is a "mobile device" and inso doing open it up to higher tier games like Red Dead Redemption and others via the 3.55 cfw hack. This alone motivates me to hack my PS3 and get a slew of games on the HDD and play remotely!!!

Now I do have a question on this since I am not too familiar with the specifics. Since its remote play with CFW does that mean I can use it with a public Wi Fi spot or just a private network?

2. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

If you want to play high tier games anywhere, get an Xperia Play and the Onlive app or another Android phone and a bluetooth controller :yaypsp:

3. DigitalDeviant
    OP

United States
    LMAO! No, I prefer the smexy 5" OLED screen of the Vita any day over the...Xperia Play.

4. Un4tural

Member Un4tural GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i am pretty sure you can choose either over private network or internet, which would mean you could in theory do it anywhere anytime over 3g. In theory. Most games don't support remote play thing. Also, with a mere 500mb limit or w/e they are giving to us ps vita owners on contract or w/e it would get used up seriously quickly...

And also, you would probably need to keep ps3 ON all the time, ready to do remote play, which would be fairly wasteful...

5. DigitalDeviant
    OP

United States
    One can turn the ps3 on or off with remote play, I think.