Homebrew Proposal to Crowdfund a Simple yet Very Compatible Save Data Program

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yeah, what @wolf-snake is saying is all correct, and loadiine saves are the same format as Saviine. The only difference might be the folder name, depending on your settings in loadiine.

Something about what you're saying does not make sense @theimporter

Also, the gui was made by @ScarletDreamz if memory serves. I'll let someone else confirm

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Can you elaborate on that?
Compatibility issues, doesn't exist for saviine. You can backup and restore everything with it.

As for savemii, while I haven't tried it yet (reason is that I hadn't had a reason to atm), I kinda have an eye on it, and the dev for it suggests that there is a problem with the program as of now, so he recommends backing up with savemii and restoring with saviine for now.

Hope that helps

Edit:
But you should know this already. His comment was actually made to you
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savemii-wii-u-vwii-savefile-manager.466644/page-8#post-7346904

Last edited by Madridi,

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Compatibility issues, doesn't exist for saviine. You can backup and restore everything with it.

As for savemii, while I haven't tried it yet (reason is that I hadn't had a reason to atm), I kinda have an eye on it, and the dev for it suggests that there is a problem with the program as of now, so he recommends backing up with savemii and restoring with saviine for now.

Hope that helps

Edit:
But you should know this already. His comment was actually made to you
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savemii-wii-u-vwii-savefile-manager.466644/page-8#post-7346904

Hey I'm more than willing to give Saviine a 2nd try, I mean there could have very well been something that went wrong when with the games that have had failures on that first go. That being said, if I make another compatibility chart like I did with SaveMii and it turns out that my tests aren't all positive as you make it sound, are you willing to help out to see what went wrong?

I'm asking this because by my experience on using hacking forums, most people tend to simply repeat what they read and have little to no hands-on experience regrading the knowledge they speak of. I'm not implying that this is the case for you, but judging by your responses, you should in theory be more than able to help out if this doesn't turn out to work as well as you make it sound.

Last edited by Waifu4Life,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey I'm more than willing to give Saviine a 2nd try, I mean there could have very well been something that went wrong when with the games that have had failures on that first go. That being said, if I make another compatibility chart like I did with SaveMii and it turns out that my tests aren't all positive as you make it sound, are you willing to help out to see what went wrong?

I'm asking this because by my experience on using hacking forums, most people tend to simply repeat what they read and have little to no hands-on experience regrading the knowledge they speak of. I'm not implying that this is the case for you, but judging by your responses, you should in theory be more than able to help out if this doesn't turn out to work as well as you make it sound.

Keep in mind some games have common and unique folders, some only have unique folders, and some only have common folder. You need to make sure those are specified when restoring. Off the top of my head, I remember Yoshi's Wooly world being a unique form of save files, where it only has common folder (if memory serves)

Also, if memory serves, you can't restore a save file if the game didn't create one to begin with. In other words, you need to create a save file for the game first before being able to restore it. I'm not entirely certain on this point though as it has been a while.

And sure, I can help confirm the games I have restored, from the ones on my system. I obviously can't comment on games I haven't tried, but I'm certain there is no issue here, as there is no compatibility issues with saviine, as stated before.

That's fine. I totally understand what you mean, and I didn't take it personally. It's a fair statement :)

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep in mind some games have common and unique folders, some only have unique folders, and some only have common folder. You need to make sure those are specified when restoring. Off the top of my head, I remember Yoshi's Wooly world being a unique form of save files, where it only has common folder (if memory serves)

Also, if memory serves, you can't restore a save file if the game didn't create one to begin with. In other words, you need to create a save file for the game first before being able to restore it. I'm not entirely certain on this point though as it has been a while.

And sure, I can help confirm the games I have restored, from the ones on my system. I obviously can't comment on games I haven't tried, but I'm certain there is no issue here, as there is no compatibility issues with saviine, as stated before.

That's fine. I totally understand what you mean, and I didn't take it personally. It's a fair statement :)

Alrighty then, guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hey there, so I've played with Saviine all day yesterday and had some great results. The only thing I did differently was NOT inserting the disk and press A like certain people said and pressed X instead. My results were far different this time:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBrg_xkvvBh9fJxEyx7LLexfR8lENzcKa7fgJTjhBDI/edit?usp=sharing

A couple of issues, nothing major, but that being said, I have yet to know if these can be restored on other Wii U systems a formatted one. I still say a that a simpler program would be better for a mass audience (I mean not everyone knows how to add a port in a firewall's exception), but this is the next best thing I guess.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey there, so I've played with Saviine all day yesterday and had some great results. The only thing I did differently was NOT inserting the disk and press A like certain people said and pressed X instead. My results were far different this time:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qBrg_xkvvBh9fJxEyx7LLexfR8lENzcKa7fgJTjhBDI/edit?usp=sharing

A couple of issues, nothing major, but that being said, I have yet to know if these can be restored on other Wii U systems a formatted one. I still say a that a simpler program would be better for a mass audience (I mean not everyone knows how to add a port in a firewall's exception), but this is the next best thing I guess.
Not sure about the X and A of the top of my head, but I'm glad you got different results this time.

I took a look at your sheet, what am I supposed to look at? The notes? Yoshi's Wooly world only has common data. Like I said before some of them only have one of those folders, some of them both.

Sure, everyone understands the need for a simpler program, hence that's where savemii comes in. The problem with that, again like mentioned before, that it still has bugs. It can backup all games just fine, but has problems with restoring. It also only works on mocha right now.

But in any case, in terms of saviine itself, it does what it's supposed to do perfectly. It's just that it needs to be simpler.

As for restoring on other Wii U, that is also fine :)

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure about the X and A of the top of my head, but I'm glad you got different results this time.

I took a look at your sheet, what am I supposed to look at? The notes? Yoshi's Wooly world only has common data. Like I said before some of them only have one of those folders, some of them both.

Sure, everyone understands the need for a simpler program, hence that's where savemii comes in. The problem with that, again like mentioned before, that it still has bugs. It can backup all games just fine, but has problems with restoring. It also only works on mocha right now.

But in any case, in terms of saviine itself, it does what it's supposed to do perfectly. It's just that it needs to be simpler.

As for restoring on other Wii U, that is also fine :)

The issues was more regarding the Virtual Console titles that I've tried.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The issues was more regarding the Virtual Console titles that I've tried.
Oh, well virtual console might be different. I'm not going to comment on that one as I'm not sure how it's being handled (cause I don't use virtual console).

I'd rather someone else vouch for VC compatibility if someone has experience with them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho