Hacking Proper way to transfer saves from Wii to Wii U for vWii

martygng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have a few games I still play on my Wii, a total of < 64 GB. However, they are on a 500 GB hard drive. I just got a Wii U, and would like to move that to my Wii U. Is there any reason I can't copy everything from the 500 GB USB hard drive onto a 64 GB flash drive? I probably wouldn't play them much, but it would be nice to have them.

Once that's done, I would want my Wii saves to get transferred to the Wii U. What is the proper way to do this right now? Woudl I use the official Wii System Transfer tool? (If that's even still available to download) http://en-americas-support.nintendo...how-to-transfer-content-from-a-wii-to-a-wii-u

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would look for a wii compatible homebrew savegame manager. The vWii is completely hackable just like the wii so you should be able to install the homebrew channel on the vWii on your Wii U and then use some sort of savegame manager from the Homebrew Browser inside of the vWii to transfer your saves.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is "Savegame Manager GX" for Wii and there is "Savegame Manager GX" for vWii.
Use the first one to dump saves to SD and the second one to inject them back on vWii.
Of course both need to be softmodded which is super easy nowadays.
It could be the case that you would have to launch every game at least once on the vWii to create a savegame in which your old could be inserted into.
And I had issues with a few games which focus on a Mii for their savegame. These might be a bit harder to do but once you got to these problems, just report back here and we'll find a solution.
If you don't know how to quickly softmod Wii and vWii in a few minutes just tell me. I'll provide super easy links then once I'm on my PC.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I only have a few games I still play on my Wii, a total of < 64 GB. However, they are on a 500 GB hard drive. I just got a Wii U, and would like to move that to my Wii U. Is there any reason I can't copy everything from the 500 GB USB hard drive onto a 64 GB flash drive? I probably wouldn't play them much, but it would be nice to have them.

Once that's done, I would want my Wii saves to get transferred to the Wii U. What is the proper way to do this right now? Woudl I use the official Wii System Transfer tool? (If that's even still available to download) http://en-americas-support.nintendo...how-to-transfer-content-from-a-wii-to-a-wii-u
Make a backup of your saves with Savegame Manager GX, then use the official system transfer. When I did the official system transfer there were some saves that didn't transfer across so use both to make sure everything transfers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: