Gaming Proper Turn based strategy games?

NeoShweaty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any turn based strategy games other than tactics a2, super robot taisen w and advance wars for the ds? I really want to play something like fire emblem but can't do it because of the lack of those games. I'll try japanese games, but even after years of taking japanese i still cant get that much out of them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Daisenryaku DS (not sure I spelled that right). Japanese only though. Hoshigami. There were a couple of half decent homebrew titles too.

The gba has a whole bunch of titles, in English too. The "tactics series" is a good start, I will throw in Yggdra Union, Shining force, Super robot taisen and there are quite a few others.

The was a thread a few months back that turned out some good titles:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=72126

You also have fairly decent 16bit era emulation these days and if you can not find something there........

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i can't say it's a DS game but jenesisDS lets us play it and i remember i really enjoyed and spent SO much time playing it ...

shining force.... I know it's old but still... like old games are still played such as chrono trigger,

Very good turn based for a genesis game
biggrin.gif

and there is also shining force 2
smile.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Daisenryaku DS (not sure I spelled that right).

I couldn't find this one. Any chance you can get the title? I have a 3 hour bullet train ride before a 14 hour flight home for a couple of weeks (and then the same back).

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
superkrm said:
u can also try warsong
its another genesis tbs like fire emblem

ya that one was very good
smile.gif
how you can deploy your own army and everything... only problem was the sound... was a little dissappointing
graphics were very fast and smooth (but lots of text
frown.gif
)
but i enjoyed this a lot.

but the problem about this is that jenesisDS doesn't have the horizontal scaling...

NeoShweaty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.

Also, are you guys kidding me? do you take me for a n00b? I owned shining force for the genesis back in the day. I'm all up on it
smile.gif
but thanks for those refreshers in names. Also, I am aware of the gba titles that are Turn based strategy. I was just looking for exclusively ds games.

I'll be sure to try out the recommendations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.