FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I was wondering a few things about PSP stuff. I am new to PSP and I guess I am a newbie at it and it seems complex and hard to understand but I am just going to ask a couple questions.

1. Does latest firmware/prometheus allow cheats to work?

2. If not what latest firmware allows cheats?

3. Does the firmware need files or folders to run from the memory card? (Does it work like a flashcart works such as folders in order to run properly and etc.)

4. What do I need to know as a newbie? (I don't know what else to ask but I want to know everything that I need to know to have a good experience with my PSP)

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
FlashX007 said:
Hey guys I was wondering a few things about PSP stuff. I am new to PSP and I guess I am a newbie at it and it seems complex and hard to understand but I am just going to ask a couple questions.

1. Does latest firmware/prometheus allow cheats to work? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does. Cheats work on most CFWs, however it seems Prometheus is kind of picky on which cheats work on which games, you'll just have to try yourself

2. If not what latest firmware allows cheats? See above answer

3. Does the firmware need files or folders to run from the memory card? (Does it work like a flashcart works such as folders in order to run properly and etc.) Everything runs from the memory stick, games, plugins, et cetera. Unless you use a UMD, which probably isn't the case

4. What do I need to know as a newbie? (I don't know what else to ask but I want to know everything that I need to know to have a good experience with my PSP) Hmm... well... I don't know hw much you know exactly so... if you have any questions just ask them and I'm sure I or someone else will help you
smile.gif

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do the games have wifi or do you need to use adhoc somehow to use wifi. This is what I keep hearing and also does the homebrew for youtube work on 5.50 Prometheus?

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well what I meant for first question was that my friends told me it has Wifi but it does not work. They told me only way to use wifi for games is to use something to make adhoc go wifi mode.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
FlashX007 said:
Well what I meant for first question was that my friends told me it has Wifi but it does not work. They told me only way to use wifi for games is to use something to make adhoc go wifi mode.
Some games have wifi, to get it to work you need a plugin called PSNlover, however even with that SOME games don't work because they require a code input before online play like Phantasy Star Portable 2 or ModNation Racers. You can also use ad-hoc multiplayer to play with people near you, or provided you have Xlink Kai, with people from over the world.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You just put it in th seplugins folder, enable it in VSH and GAME on the recovery menu and you can play, provided you have a PSN account. Otherwise it doesn't allow you to play/access the PS Store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans