masterpad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
unsure.gif
....With not replace through a flash process,as with the dstt fake recovery...A Dstt Start-Up O.S. By a DStti Start-Up O.S

in order to boot a dstt on a DSi.....I dont kno who gbatemp team get the ".BIN" file of anoriginal DStt to solve the fake killer problem..............BUT WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH A DSTTi AND A DSi..........................

................All my respect to the gbatemp team and may evrybody excuz mistakes in my english expression:wacko: ...I'm just a Cameroonian Who can not Command and get delivered a DSTTi cauz is too much expensive and impossible to be deliver in my country from asian,us and eurpean web site .and of course there are no linker on the market...........Thank's
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
masterpad said:
unsure.gif
....With not replace through a flash process,as with the dstt fake recovery...A Dstt Start-Up O.S. By a DStti Start-Up O.S

in order to boot a dstt on a DSi.....I dont kno who gbatemp team get the ".BIN" file of anoriginal DStt to solve the fake killer problem..............BUT WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH A DSTTi AND A DSi..........................

................All my respect to the gbatemp team and may evrybody excuz mistakes in my english expression:wacko: ...I'm just a Cameroonian Who can not Command and get delivered a DSTTi cauz is too much expensive and impossible to be deliver in my country from asian,us and eurpean web site .and of course there are no linker on the market...........Thank's
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

SAY WHUT?!

If you mean can we just update a normal DSTT with the update from the DSTTi card then this will NOT WORK! reason its a HARDWARE ISSUE not a software issue hence new HARDWARE releases of most cards out there to make them compatible with the DSi!

If it was THAT EASY they would of done that instead of making NEW HARDWARE versions
smile.gif

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody actually tried this though? It might be possible becuase the DSi doesnt block the hardware it blocks the kernal as I do recall. Have both hardware been been analysed?

S

sumarth

no, you never get to the kernel
you get blocked as you try to boot the card

if you can fix it, the only way would be reflashing
otherwise its an hardware issue

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its a hardware issue. the dstt wouldnt be able to work with dsi no matter what u do with the software sense the hardware wont work

masterpad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
You don't understand me very well....
remember the way to fix a fake DSTT destroyed by the fake-killer through flashing the card with a ".DAT" file..............file coming from an original DSTT why not replace the ".DAT" file by the DSi ".DAT" file

I mean..........this file could be the "light"..............

if i remember well it was "DUMP.DAT"

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking yesterday, why can't I run Wii games on my Gamecube? They might go slower, but the two consoles are very similar hardware... lol Nah I don't mean to disrespect the OP. It's just this is a silly question and thread. One good thing about the DSTT and DSTTi, is that they both are really cheap. Your best bet, find someone with a DS or DSL to buy your DSTT and use that money to buy a DSTTi.

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of thoughts...

1) Does a DSTT have enough flash memory for the DSTTi bootloader (i.e., is the DSTTi bootloader bigger)?
2) Is a genuine DSTT reflashable? Or are only some of the clones flashable?

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masterpad said:
remember the way to fix a fake DSTT destroyed by the fake-killer through flashing the card with a ".DAT" file..............file coming from an original DSTT why not replace the ".DAT" file by the DSi ".DAT" file

I think it's you who don't seem to understand It's a hardware issue, It doesn't matter what file you copy or flash, you'd need to change the hardware parts of the original DSTT to work, sharing a file doesn't make them the same device.

Don't be cheap just buy a DSTTi.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
aneotoena said:
masterpad said:

I think it's you who don't seem to understand It's a hardware issue, It doesn't matter what file you copy or flash, you'd need to change the hardware parts of the original DSTT to work, sharing a file doesn't make them the same device.

Don't be cheap just buy a DSTTi.

Actually its you who doesnt understand it isnt A HARDWARE ISSUE! at all.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
the reason why there is DSTTi for DSi are:

1. Hardware issue.. it wont boot cause of hardware being blocked by DSi. and also getting ready on DSi ware games to be dump using this.. but not today cause its not yet playable

2. To Avoid fakes... DSTTi have ViD serials on the card (can be seen on DSTT's kernel)

3. Probably, the compatibility

-----------------------------------------------------------------

and dumping the DSTTi's BIOS to DSTT is impossible... DSTTi's bootloader is 4mib in size while DSTT is only 512kib..

so answer is NO... if you're still unsatisfied.. why dont you try it.. and fuck up your card and turn to a brick DSTT

masterpad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
THank's for informations about the differents size of the dtt and dstti kernel;THAt's a real issue on my hypothesis.................

.........but i'm living in cameroon and i can't get a dstti........................

SO I'M STILL LOOKING FOR ANOTHER WAY..............................

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do not think is the hardware. More firmware. Cause if it will be hardware, than some of the old nds lite games will not work on the DSi. but the old original games do work on the dsi.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Jesus, this thread just gave me a remarkable idea!
Can't someone with a DSi-compatible flashcart dump the DSi firmware with DarkFader's FWDumper?

CLICKY

Wouldn't we then be making a little progress in cracking the firmware so ALL flashcarts can be used on the DSi?

Now, I'd probably try this myself, but I only own a normal DSTT like you guys and a flashed Phat
frown.gif

Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ