Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt140 said:
I think we can all narrow it down to either AK2 or DSTT.
I'm thinking DSTT, the sudden lack of updates could be hint that they're waiting for menuDO to be released, or the DSTT is dead
frown.gif
Either way, I'm getting an AK2i
biggrin.gif

kermitfrog said:
QUOTE(Matt140 @ Jun 6 2009, 02:20 PM) I think we can all narrow it down to either AK2 or DSTT.
I'm thinking DSTT, the sudden lack of updates could be hint that they're waiting for menuDO to be released, or the DSTT is dead
frown.gif
Either way, I'm getting an AK2i
biggrin.gif
Also DSTT are slightly cheaper than an AK2 - Soulanger can then make a little bit more profit
laugh.gif
Mind you - I hope when you mention DSTT/AK2 you actually referring to DSTTi and AK2i - I'd like to see it on a DSi
Why are you guys just suggesting it's an already created flashcart? It could also be one that's in development right at this very second. however it may not be... Well we just have to wait.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured it out.

Remember the video player?

Note the new card that comes out by a new team...

Though it doesn't have commercial ROM loading?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Briankealing said:
I think I figured it out.
Remember the video player?
Note the new card that comes out by a new team...
Though it doesn't have commercial ROM loading?
Now THAT'S a thought...... but somehow I don't think the card gonna be called 'MENUdo' (although that is a fairly good name) - might cause a bit of confusion
laugh.gif

How about suggestions of what it's gonna be called ??

How about 'SAM' (Soul Anger's Menudo)

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
jakob95 said:
When the hell is this going to come out? I was w8ting so long. I have little hopes for this now as I see no progress.
patience is key.
if you don't think it will come out, good for you. you can just miss out
i on the other hand know it's still being constantly worked on to add as many features as possible

ps. I have little hopes for your grasp of the english language now as I see no progress

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulAnger has already said that it will be for an already existing cart (I think, can't remember if it was him though
biggrin.gif
). Plus, it seems that the makers of this new cart have already decided that it won't support commercial roms
frown.gif

The problem I have with AK2i, is that it's makers are already aware of AKAIO, and still release firmware updates. AKAIO is already a feature complete menu, for free, so why would they pay for a third menu?

And, as stated in my previous post, the DSTT team is being really quiet, apart from their recent release of the TTi Checker, no updates have been released. And, DSTT could really do with a new menu, so, my opinion is that it'll be for the DSTT + DSTTi.

It could be for the new iTouch2 or SupercardDSi (if thats it's name
biggrin.gif
),
Matt.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt140 said:
SoulAnger has already said that it will be for an already existing cart (I think, can't remember if it was him though
biggrin.gif
). Plus, it seems that the makers of this new cart have already decided that it won't support commercial roms
frown.gif
Then theres no point to buying the MENUdo cart if It cant support commercial roms as you can just get the free version and put it on your current cart. And if the cart doesn't have commercial rom support nobody will buy it

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Findecanno said:
Matt140 said:
biggrin.gif
frown.gif
Then theres no point to buying the MENUdo cart if It cant support commercial roms as you can just get the free version and put it on your current cart. And if the cart doesn't have commercial rom support nobody will buy it
MenuDO probably won't be for this cart, the one it is for does support commercial roms. The new cart does support homebrew rom loading, so menuDO should work on it (homebrew only), from what i've heard so far, I believe that the new cart is mainly based around playing videos in other formats than dpg.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Sorry to go off-topic here, but can anyone tell me what this "new cart" without ROM support is? Any links to info? Thanks.
Not many details have been released so far, all we know is that it can play videos (avi, etc) using an oboard processor.
The team is expected to release more details next week.
Matt.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
jakob95 said:
When the hell is this going to come out? I was w8ting so long. I have little hopes for this now as I see no progress.
facepalm.png

i think it'll have support for more than one...

wait, can this load roms?

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go read the frontpage, I'll get it for you.
New slot-1 media player in the works
Plays various video formats directly
You may have seen our previous news piece that showed a Nintendo DSi playing various video formats directly (AVI,WMV,RMVB) without the initial need to transcode to a DS friendly format like DPG, today we are proud to announce that this will indeed be possible thanks to a new slot-1 cart that is currently being created by a new team.

Many of you speculated that this cart may be running in DSi homebrew mode which unfortunately is NOT the case. In fact, the new cart has a powerful on-board CPU that makes possible media playback that wouldn't normally be achievable on a Nintendo DS. (DSi mode being a different story)

Due to fears regarding Nintendo copyright infringement the cart is not being designed with game backup playing in mind, however it will still support DLDI homebrew. The cart is first and foremost a media player, and it will also support various audio formats as well as video.

While the hardware itself is completed, the carts software is still being wrapped up and is due to be completed early next week. GBAtemp have secured the first sample and will hopefully be receiving the finished product late next week, so stay tuned for more information and a full review.

Back on track - I really hope its not the iTouch -
1. It's a budget card - why replace the firmware with something ubergood?
2. Doesn't work very well, I don't think it would run Menudo properly

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Matt140 said:
SifJar said:
Sorry to go off-topic here, but can anyone tell me what this "new cart" without ROM support is? Any links to info? Thanks.
Not many details have been released so far, all we know is that it can play videos (avi, etc) using an oboard processor.
The team is expected to release more details next week.
Matt.

good news....

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, soulanger is gonna make a few new videos here soon. Be patient and see. Believe me, MENUdo is well worth the wait we've had
biggrin.gif

EDIT: A video sorry, not few, a video.

chintendox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Reckon sakura looks better but ill never get sakura on AceKard 2i so right now its either this or AKAIO!!!!!

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe me chintendox it looks alot better in person than video, please don't say things like that. but it's good your considering it for your ak2i

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Briankealing said:
Back on track - I really hope its not the iTouch -
1. It's a budget card - why replace the firmware with something ubergood?
2. Doesn't work very well, I don't think it would run Menudo properly

So, you are saying that its cheap, so it doesn't deserve it huh? And you should improve on something that is already awesome into something that is a little more awesome instead of making a weak cart much better? And it works well FYI, I can play most games very well with some occasional DIY patching for games that other carts can't play too.

dry.gif

But I wouldn't want it to be for iTouch too for a simple reason. Most other people use other carts so I think SoulAnger can show his potential better making it for more used carts.

Can't wait for this.... sounds pretty good
biggrin.gif

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Eh, I don't want to read 103 pages, so I ask if someone mentioned that in the preview video you can see that the filebrowser shows up a folder "__ak", so may it will be for acekards?!
smile.gif

I hope there will be a lot of more updates to MENUdo and I hope it will be for acekards because I'm looking for an alternative to DSOrganize and also to DSKiosk, some kind of a launcher. Those apps are only running with fat errors on ak2i + dsi.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw