Not open for further replies.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
donelwero said:
I can help you, what's the problem with the wiki?
i suck at wiki markup so it looks like turd
tongue.gif

i just need someone who's been following the thread for a while to add some info and pretty up the article a bit..

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to upload some images to the wiki. But I'm having problems with it. I'll try tomorrow, cause i can't just put the link to the images cause it's not allowed by the admins of the wiki... So i'll try tomorrow.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
it IS deleted!!!
im contesting against the deletion of the wikipedia page!
EVERYONE CONTRIBUTE!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art..._.28Homebrew.29

I tried but my computer lost connection to the router just when I was about to submit a nice long paragraph arguing about if NintendoDS Homebrew that is unreleased is non-notable software that ID Tech 5 (PC) should be removed as well seeing as how that isn't released yet and one could consider that as non-notable software and how for us (homebrew users), NintendoDS is notable software and how the article should be reconsidered and allowed to continue being written as most of the testers/fans would probably love to help out with it.

EDIT: It's up, I just posted my contribution on it. Also fgghjjkll, I can help you with the article if you want, I can help using some of the concept art and information from this thread. I'd be willing to use some of my free time to make a good article with you, just catch me sometime when I'm on GBAtemp's IRC if you want my help with it ok? I'll even be willing to learn wiki markup for this.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
[offtopic]

fgghjjkll said:
lol...were not even CLOSE to hacking the DSi.

Lol, I know of maybe two people who are actively attempting to hack the DSi, I seriously doubt any members here are either of those people. But yes, I do agree, 'WE' are not even close to hacking the DSi, because 'We' do not know the first thing about doing it.

[/offtopic]

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
dude thanks!!!
biggrin.gif

your contribution may be rewarded but ill have to check with soulanger first.

No problem, I usually don't have that much to do anyway and I'd do almost anything to help this project out. Also it seems that Andy the Wikipedia admin gave the article the perverbial boot out of wikipedia, he says it fails the wikipedia policy of notability.... >_> I am officially outraged at Wikipedia's ignorance towards Nintendo DS Homebrew, It could be argued that FlashMe is non-notable too since MenuDO is alot like flashme, it replaces the menu on the cart as flashme does the firmware. But if I find some time we'll work on the article. We will make this article full of information and life!
biggrin.gif
Sorry I'm probably getting so passionate because it's 5:24AM here and I haven't been to bed yet XD

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
spinal_cord said:
[offtopic]

fgghjjkll said:
lol...were not even CLOSE to hacking the DSi.

Lol, I know of maybe two people who are actively attempting to hack the DSi, I seriously doubt any members here are either of those people. But yes, I do agree, 'WE' are not even close to hacking the DSi, because 'We' do not know the first thing about doing it.

[/offtopic]
ok...what about THEM?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
donelwero said:
I'm trying to upload some images to the wiki. But I'm having problems with it. I'll try tomorrow, cause i can't just put the link to the images cause it's not allowed by the admins of the wiki... So i'll try tomorrow.
Funny enough I'm having trouble uploading pictures to My [GBATemp] WIKI as well (keep getting 'The upload directory (public) is not writable by the webserver.') - & despite asking 'Costello' a couple of times, I've had no reply

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread should be locked, atleast until soulanger finished, because if you read through all the pages or atleast SOME of the pages, its composed of
"When is it coming out?"
"We can wait"
stuff about it being for a dsI flash cart (Even though this was made WAY BEFORE dsi flash carts were out, hell the dsi wasnt even out!)
"we want videos"
"Arrgh which card is it"
"wtf?! exclusivez?!"
and lastly, The VERY rare soul anger updates you cant even FIND because of the massive posts followed right after it.
Its annoying. I guess end rant?

Also, wiki page for this is useless. atleast for now it is any way.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Balrogs.Pain said:
This thread should be locked, atleast until soulanger finished, because if you read through all the pages or atleast SOME of the pages, its composed of
"When is it coming out?"
"We can wait"
stuff about it being for a dsI flash cart (Even though this was made WAY BEFORE dsi flash carts were out, hell the dsi wasnt even out!)
"we want videos"
"Arrgh which card is it"
"wtf?! exclusivez?!"
and lastly, The VERY rare soul anger updates you cant even FIND because of the massive posts followed right after it.
Its annoying. I guess end rant?

Also, wiki page for this is useless. atleast for now it is any way.
I completely disagree with you. This thread should not be locked, as status reports are still posted here, and it stops people from posting a million MENUdo threads everywhere in the forums. Not to mention, the wiki page is under construction. However, as it progresses it will be updated with plenty of useful info, such as perhaps a compilation of the features Soul has mentioned (just a suggestion
wink.gif
). All of it's useful, as it keeps people "corralled" in one spot instead of everywhere on the forums.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
I completely disagree with you. This thread should not be locked, as status reports are still posted here, and it stops people from posting a million MENUdo threads everywhere in the forums. Not to mention, the wiki page is under construction. However, as it progresses it will be updated with plenty of useful info, such as perhaps a compilation of the features Soul has mentioned (just a suggestion
wink.gif
). All of it's useful, as it keeps people "corralled" in one spot instead of everywhere on the forums.
But the problem with the status reports is that you can barely find them, you have to go through pages and pages of all these posts and if your lucky, someone quoted the status report so you dont have to dig even deeper to find the post that he made. it might not deserve to be locked, but i would like to be able to find what im looking for.

Also for the wiki page, it would be nice if you did include the status reports, i might look at it so i could catch up on all the hype i missed for this project.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
player594 said:
you could try searching this thread for post by SoulAnger. Just my opinion
he tells progress reports to the beta testers and they post it here most of the time.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, there are quite a few status reports within the past few weeks, just go back through pages 80 to current and you'll find some.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
ShadowEO said:
LxTrix said:
The status is still the same as six months ago. Work in progress.
It's also Closed Beta, That's technically it's status, work in progress is usually initial coding.
We lost....the wiki page...
o well...we have a backup page on the gbatemp wiki :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: