Project Phoenix Officially Delayed to 2018

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hyro-Sama, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    [​IMG]

:arrow: Dualshockers
    :arrow: Official Project Phoenix Announcement

Oh boy. How many of these Kickstarters have gone sour like this? Ouya, Mighty No. 9, etc. Like shit.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  2. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Pacheko17 likes this.
  3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Dang, pushed back three years? I'm going to go ahead and guess these guys never made a big-ish game before and completely underestimated what they were getting themselves into?

4. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    One year delay I can understand but THREE years? While there has been some positive Kickstarter projects, the ones that fail or have porblems seem to fall into a pattern of asking for enough to meet their goal but realising that 1 million is not enough.

Looking at their campaign and their development team, it seems like there's a LOT of artists and voice actors... but only ONE programmer who they can't name because it's very hush hush. I am aware that some indie games can be developed by one person but for a game like this, they seemed to be placing ALL their hopes on one programmer who is now busy with a different project unrelated to this one.

Seriously, Art Supervisor that they can't announce until the game is released. Is that supposed to make me feel hyped?

Last edited by Harsky, Dec 10, 2015
  5. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Well they just spent the money poorly

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    more like they took your money and ran and played you all for fools. should name the site SCAMstarter :P

7. RevPokemon

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Although there are many legit items that started with KS. Buyers (or backers) aware I guess

8. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    People should not trust Kickstarter and the like campaigns because once they have your money they can run off with it as long as they're okay with that in conscience. I only ever consider purchases when they're available in its entirety for sale not a project.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  9. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    hey guys remember the project cars wiiu kickstarter? look how that turned out :creep:

10. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    No, you're wrong, dood. Project C.A.R.S is perfectly playable on Wii U, that is, as long as you're dreaming it. :P

11. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Well thats better than no word at all right? A few of my friends who go by Killseph and Dr.Crass backed a kickstarted a few years go. One of them backed for $200 and the other even more. Whether he is payed better or just a bit too free with his money is up for debate. Anyways, the kickstarter is called "Throw trucks with you mind". The last message from them was on March 10th, 2014. Neither of them have heard hide nor hair from the company since.

My kickstarter policy? Don't give money to kickstarter.

Bladexdsl likes this.