Hacking Project : Code infolib.dat, extinfo.dat for DSTT.

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If testers are needed, I have an R4i Gold so I'm willing to help out as much as I can to provide the world with a fix for this wonderful game. I'm soooo tempted to play on the emulator(s) but I'm doing my very best to hold back until the fix is completed. If I can be of any assistance, I'll gladly put my hand in the pot. ;D

Conja0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Haii Jin ;P
I'm still willing to give this project my all. I will have my DS to test everything I code so I will be a lot more useful.
Keep me up to date Jin, I hope whojan will help us too.

~CJ~

Conja0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
JpDeathBlade said:
*Warning "Wall of Text"*
- TL;DR : I want to help

First off I want to say some words to Retro and Pong: Guys, thousands of people have used your software and their gaming experience would have been worse without what you have done. You have put in tons of man hours to help out others with no reward and no paycheck, a hobby you guys stuck with that many others would have left much sooner. So many people appreciate the work that you guys do, including myself. And if I had to say it, you guys did the right thing. You owe nothing to anyone. You did it as a hobby and you did it for fun. The reward for you was the people who used your software and getting the thank yous. People have become ungrateful for a free service that you don't have to do and letting everyone know that was the right thing (Though I kinda wish you had a way to push others in the right direction on working on it ourself). Anyway, Thank you guys for all of your hard work and I hope life treats you well.

Ok, so after seeing everything that has been happening I want to help out. I have an R4 SDHC (v 1.34), which (on its own) gets Pokemon Black to the double white screen (The infolib generator link doesn't work for me, otherwise there would be an attachment to this post). When I use YSmenu (latest of everything) I get "error = -4", if reset is toggled or not. This happens with both the clean and exp patched versions of Black (I haven't tried White because I don't want that one as of right now =P ). Hopefully someone has the infolib generator so I can get that to you guys as soon as possible. Any other help I can provide I will try and do so (worked with Hex and the ARM 7 before).
You can get it to double white screen? You are god. Presuming that infolib generator works on R4 SDHC (without YSMenu).

If need be I will upload myself so you have a working link.

JpDeathBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conja0 said:
You can get it to double white screen? You are god. Presuming that infolib generator works on R4 SDHC (without YSMenu).

If need be I will upload myself so you have a working link.

I got a hold of the infolib generator. It doesn't work outside of YSMenu =(. I can get it to double white on the normal R4 SDHC and with Wood (1.05 for Clones), and yes the generator doesn't work there either. Currently I have 4 roms (2 for each game, 1 clean and 1 patched). I have Black as my test (so they both get "error = -5", 1 with just the ID added, the other with the Hex posted here) and I have White left alone (both get "error = -4"). I'm trying hard to get double white in YSmenu so I can get the infolib. Till anything new comes out thats what I should be working on.

magicksun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
im grateful for in this world keep such a good people like you , the best for the team and the proyect , don't fucus in pokemon , is in japanese , no one understand that

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicksun said:
im grateful for in this world keep such a good people like you , the best for the team and the proyect , don't fucus in pokemon , is in japanese , no one understand that
It's not the point of whether we READ or SPEAK Japanese, most games have a basic follow through, especially Pokemon. If you can't figure out how to get past a part within an hour, you're obviously not ready to handle a foreign game. We're doing this fix because those of us who want this CAN handle foreign games. And who knows, if we can make this thing a reality and the fix works for Pokemon, we may have a future team here ready to take on newer games when they arrive if the kernel updates haven't already appeared before then. Just give us the time to finish one project at a time, starting with this one. ;D If all goes well, the future possibilities are up in the sky.

PercentSevenC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicksun said:
Believe it or not, there are some of us here who actually can read Japanese. Even if you can't, it's not like Pokemon games are much different from each other.

Conja0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
magicksun said:
This post made me LOL so much.
And then realise how pathetic it is.
I sincerely hope you were joking, no one understands Japanese? LOL

I'm gonna be working on this project however I'm not sure whether I'll be releasing or not, up to the others I suppose.
If we get the amount of flaming the other thread got then you shouldn't expect anything.

Jin or Dr. PM me if you want my help, assign me a task etc. I got my DS now so I can test.

Cheers
~CJ~

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conja0 said:
magicksun said:
This post made me LOL so much.
And then realise how pathetic it is.
I sincerely hope you were joking, no one understands Japanese? LOL

I'm gonna be working on this project however I'm not sure whether I'll be releasing or not, up to the others I suppose.
If we get the amount of flaming the other thread got then you shouldn't expect anything.

Jin or Dr. PM me if you want my help, assign me a task etc. I got my DS now so I can test.

Cheers
~CJ~
I agree with both parts of this one. I do hope you plan to release it, if only to those whom you can trust, if any. >

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Link me to a working patch for B/W and I will see if I can transform it into extinfo.

Fully working patch, or close enough to one, else forget about it.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
TyRaNtM said:
Here is the fix for One Piece: Giant Battle! (J) in 6.28:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fywnx630b0zb...t_inf+OPFix.rar

Use this files (extinfo and infolib) for future fixes, because for at least now, is the most updated.

did i ask you to post my special release

no i did not
maybe you should mentsion that it was a special release that i did
hey pong pong calm down! o.o you sent him your special release? if not then he got it from someone else go back about 2 to 3 pages and you will see...

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
darkspirit456 said:
Pong20302000 said:
TyRaNtM said:
*removed*

Use this files (extinfo and infolib) for future fixes, because for at least now, is the most updated.

no i did not
hey pong pong calm down! o.o you sent him your special release? if not then he got it from someone else go back about 2 to 3 pages and you will see...
i sent it to NO ONE!
it was a special release for a certain site

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
darkspirit456 said:
Pong20302000 said:
TyRaNtM said:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fywnx630b0zb...t_inf+OPFix.rar

no i did not
i sent it to NO ONE!
it was a special release for a certain site
oh I c =/ well I removed the link and the infolib I found is from rudolph's folder *MAYBE* is his or her which I will not mention it... if you want to check it out pong just drop me a pm

DarkenX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I just noticed that the title doesn't say you are going to code savlib.dat

Will anyone be working on that at all? Just curious since its the only file I know of that is in R4i, the Gold at least is.

Hope this doesn't count as causing trouble. >

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs