SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
layton_movie.jpg

It seems Level 5's CEO Akihiro Hino has shown interest in porting Professor Layton to the Wii U, saying that the hardware is very "Nintendo-like" with great potential for new experiences. Since the Wii U's controller supports stylus input, Akihiro puts it as a fun possibility.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Didn't know if it was news worthy or if it was posted in another section, but I was surprised to know.

A port could be interesting as a downloadable title, or a collection.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd buy it. I've always wondered why we never get console games like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton. Seems it's always on the handhelds.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
I'd buy it. I've always wondered why we never get console games like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton. Seems it's always on the handhelds.
They were ports of the first 3 Ace Attorneys on the Wii, though a professor Layton port seems interesting.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
They were ports of the first 3 Ace Attorneys on the Wii, though a professor Layton port seems interesting.

Yeah, but the ports of Ace Attorney were pretty lazy and offered nothing over their handheld counterparts. This seems to be a bit more ambitious.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This could be fun. Especially with the WiiU's new features.
But which game would that be? Every original story has already been released.

SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either a new story or a collection.

A collection with better looking sprites and new puzzles wouldn't be bad, if the puzzles made use of the Wii U's new features.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Either way it'll sell well.

We sold out of Professor Layton titles almost within hours everytime we got new ones at work. They still sell like hotcakes when we do get them in, but they'd rather order blargahem*shitware*blargh, instead.

I've never liked them myself, but having one for the WiiU would probably produce the same results as the one's for the DS did.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*generic would rather have AA vs PL statement here*

seems like a cool idea if not an odd one. Thing about layton is it isn't really a game series you rush through or would play for long periods of time.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
They could do that with the IR of the Wii Controller from tbe beginning. Just meh.

Besides:

Akihiro Hino (Level-5)
Said that because stylus-based games like Professor Layton can now be played, they can consider ports. He also said that the system could expand the type of game that can be played in the living room, so he'd like to think about these types of game in the future as well.

That's the spirit
glare.gif

D

Deleted-236924

What...

"Saying that the hardware is very Nintendo-like."
Well duh, it's a Nintendo console.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pingouin7 said:
What...

"Saying that the hardware is very Nintendo-like."
Well duh, it's a Nintendo console.

I think he means the style, the ideas, the concept. Not the plain console.

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well , the game have potential for new experiences but ... the players of Nintendo DS/3DS , a part of don't have a Nintendo Wii like me =/ , and a game of mystery will strange to play because of the distance between the player and TV. If all good cames go to Nintendo Wii ... sigh ... and if make a version for you and one for DS is a bad idea too

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pablo3DS said:
Well , the game have potential for new experiences but ... the players of Nintendo DS/3DS , a part of don't have a Nintendo Wii like me =/ , and a game of mystery will strange to play because of the distance between the player and TV. If all good cames go to Nintendo Wii ... sigh ... and if make a version for you and one for DS is a bad idea too

It actually comes to the Wii U.
And what is wrong with the distance? After all, you can use the Wii U controller like a console.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
as much i love riddles and mini games i don't seem to get this series under my skin.. i dunno maybe a design problem with me, i just can't point the finger on reason why yet >

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Slyakin said:
Oh man, I can only imagine the fun puzzles that could be had with the WiiU controller...
wub.gif
Not to mention we'd finally have a screen that's large enough to actually write on. Remember scribbling notes in Layton?

Or Zelda?

comic209.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up