Professor Layton last specter corrupted save file

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Juan_acf, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Juan_acf
    OP

Juan_acf Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Does anyone know where i can find a save file to download ? I was in Chapter 5 (The Witch's castle) I don't want to start again because i had been playing 8 hours to get this chapter xD.

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    I'm exactl at teh start of chapter. I'll upload my sav file a little later as I'm a busy at the moment.

3. defunct32

defunct32 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 5, 2012
    Senegal
    Asia
    Just out of curiosity how did your save file got corrupted?

4. Juan_acf
    OP

Juan_acf Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Thanks emigre I'm waiting !

defunct32, I don't know exactly, i was playing and suddenly the game stopped in the middle of a puzzle hehe ! I turned the ds off and then when i turned it on again the save was corrupted !

5. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
  6. wasim

wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

Nov 13, 2010
    India
    Calicut
    He's probably using R4 (i) (SDHC) or a DSTT.
    Yep save files get corrupted some times.

7. defunct32

Feb 5, 2012
    Senegal
    Asia
    Was about to ask him what flashcard he was using ;P cause thankfully my Acekard 2i haven't got any save corrupt issues. Hopefully it will stay this way.

8. wasim

wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

Nov 13, 2010
    India
    Calicut
    I just hate it when that happen. Especially when i play harvest moon.

But now that i have an AK2i i don't have that problem. :lol:

9. Juan_acf
    OP

Juan_acf Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    THANK YOU emigre hehehe it worked perfectly now i'm going to play it again !

10. defunct32

Feb 5, 2012
    Senegal
    Asia
    Eheheh, understand that feelings completely, although we can still save the .sav file onto our computers for backup, I just find it a bloody hassle, unlike the PSP we can just hook up the PSP itself to the computer and transfer files directly. I wish the DS could be hacked internally and transfer files back and forth like the PSP.

11. wasim

wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

Nov 13, 2010
    India
    Calicut
    But you can backup save files on R4i SDHC. But i hardly used that.

12. blechner

blechner Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2008
    Brazil
    Sorry to revive this topic, but my save file got corrupted in the Barde's Manor (this is where Arianna lives so i think it is the Witch's Castle you were talking about). I've just solved the hidden puzzle (spoiler alert begins here) that was on a painting on the wall (the one where you have to find out the correct key), (spoiler alert ends here) then I saved, then exited the Manor, game froze, I reset the DS, and the file was corrupted :(
    I am using Wood R4 v1.37 on an original R4 with a 2GB SD card. If someone has any save file at the same spot or somewhere near it (doesn't matter if it an Acekard save, I think I can convert it), please post it here... the one from post #5 is no longer available. I was keeping my save file with the maximum picarats earned for every puzzle but I won't mind if someone has a save where some puzzles have been solved with less picarats, now I just want to finish the game because i like the story.

Thanks in advance.

13. blechner

blechner Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2008
    Brazil
    No one? Really? Ok... well... I could not find a save file in chapter 5 anywhere, I only found save files with the game completed... I regret not backing up my saves more often... I'll give up on this game and start another one, it's a shame but I don't have the patience to start over... well, maybe if I skip the conversations and cutscenes and solve the puzzles quickly (since I already know the answer), I could get where I was in half the time... i'll think about it :)