marcus134

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This tutorial will explain the step necessary to use your ps3 with ProDG and stream game data from your computer to your ps3, the method also enables the use of real time editing/cheating.

Here’s the advantages of network loading:​
  • Faster seek time and load time (with gigabit Ethernet)
  • No 4GB file size limit
  • Cheap to implement if you have a computer with lots of hdd space
  • No need to FTP your games to your ps3
Section 1: setting up your ps3 and pc

1. In order to use ProDG you first need to be in DEX
Here is a quick guide to put a ps3 using REX firmware in DEX mode with rebug toolbox​
As somewhat explained here on the CEX/DEX paragraph

On your ps3:
  1. from 3.55, you need to extract the eeid root key (here is a pkg that will let you do it from the game os). When used, your ps3 will shut down and beeps, once you restart a file called eid_root_key will appear in "dev_hdd0/tmp/", save it somewhere safe, you can add a ".bin"
  2. Install The latest Rebug Rex firmware and the Rebug toolbox
  3. with a usb key in dev_usb000, go in rebug tool box utilities menu (last menu on the right) select "export flash to file" and rename it CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN or CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN depending on whether you have a nand or nor dump
On your pc:

1. Download c2d, install openssl (included) in C:\OpenSSL, you may want to extract c2d somewhere with an easy path as windows prompt will be used
  2. Place both your eid key and flash dump in the c2d folder
  3. Open an elevated command prompt and type \% c2d filepath%\ c2d.exe eid_root_key.bin CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN 82 (replace NORBIN with NANDBIN if you have a nand dump)
Back on the ps3:
  1. Place your DEX-FLASH.EID0… file on the root of a usb key and put it back in dev_usb000 slot
  2. In rebug toolbox CEX/DEX menu hit “Rewrite target ID”, reboot your ps3 (unsure if needed here, better safe than sorry), then “ Swap LV2 kernel”, reboot your ps3.
extra: if using psn, you may want to spoof your lv2 target id, this can be done in rebug toolbox, in the utilities menu, the option is called "change active PS3ID", set it to EID5 (CEX)

2. Configure your both your PS3 and PC network option to have a specific ip address, preferably out of your router DHCP range if your router assign random addresses or just high addresses (like 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.101)

3. in Rebug toolbox, in the selector menu:
XMB operation mode : REBUG​
Debug Menu Type : DEX​
4. in your ps3 xmb go to option-> debug menu (last one on the bottom) then :
release check mode : development mode​
boot mode : system software mode​
network settings for debug : single settings (dual settings can be used for wifi, not recommended)​
6. Install the latest version of Multiman

7. Install ProDG on your computer (ProDG is an official ps3 dev tool from Sony and can't be linked in this forum for copyright reason), then run target manager server and have it scan your ps3 ip range, if your ps3 in powered on, target manager should be able to see and connect to it.

8. download DEX game mounter, the latest version can also be found in the links section of Multiman ( called "mmDM mmRAS").

9. Start "Dex Game Mounter",(dex game mounter won't load if target manager isn't running and connected to your ps3) on start it will make you choose your default game folder, where your ps3 disc backups are, and it will tell you to set Target manager "app_home" drive letter to "x:\" (the letter may vary). If set properly, covers of games in your game folder should appear in the game mounter software

optional: for REX user, in DEX game mounter, in the settings, uncheck "convert game to DEX on mount"​

10. In target manager, right click on your ps3 and choose "Set File-Serving Directory (app_home/)" and choose the drive indicated in step 9

Section 2 : loading and playing games

1. With ProDG target manager loaded and connected to your ps3, start DEX Game mounter and double click on the game you want to play.

2. on your ps3, start multiman, go to mmos (last menu on the left), open PS3 ROOT, then browse to "/app_home/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/" and double click eboot.bin. multiman will quit like usual when loading a game

3. in ps3 gameOS click "/app_home/PS3_GAME/" like usual and your game will start.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    better compression/optimization i guess
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    But it only has like 4 games :tpi:
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    what is something you can say about console homebrew but also in the bedroom
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Time to transfer files
    Gift
    "it was so hard the first time"
    +1
    Gift
    "Time to transfer files" bro having sex with robots
    +1
    Gift
    honestly knowing ken that isn't that unbelievable
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    arent many ps5 exclusives it's true, but there are a whole lot of ps4 games that got ps5 upgrades
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and those have to be stored on one of the SSDs
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    "time to smash the stack"
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Uremum does like to call me dadbot
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nothing beats a midnight shower
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I'd say there would be more PS5 exclusives...if people could actually buy PS5s.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I mean, if no-one can buy a PS5, and thus is stuck with PS4 (Pros), then companies would still see some profit from developing PS4 games with PS5 upgrades; meanwhile, if they developed a PS5 game, then everyone who can't get that console won't buy that game, especially at launch.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nah every console starts early with low libraries
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    well theyre churning them out as fast as they possibly can, not like Xbox or PC are faring much better with the chip shortages
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and games still take 4-6 years to develop regardless, so its not like sony can conjure up new exclusives out of thin air
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Makes me wonder what they have now and are actually hiding from the public
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just make characters look like Shiney clay molds
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm waiting for the ultimate DLC, "The Most Dangerous Game".
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Let me hunt people or GTFO :angry:
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's just a $1 just shoot some dogs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype
    Gift
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype