Process freezing when installing games onto USB drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Vaneyen Slipshod, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Vaneyen Slipshod
    OP

Newcomer Vaneyen Slipshod Newbie

Canada
    [​IMG]
    Running a Wii 4.2U with (what I believe is) the latest Homebrew (reinstalled last week), Waninkoko's v20 (cIOS Installer rev20), and I have installed IOS36 v3608/IOS236 v65535 (via a downgraded and re-upgraded IOS15).

I've tried this with both USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader.

Most of the games I own, I try to rip to my 16 GB thumb-drive (FAT32 formatted), but they stop in the middle of the read, and just hang (after 0.4 GB read). I've left it running overnight, still stopped the next morning. Power-off is the only way out.

I only own one game that I've been able to successfully install on the thumb-drive, and that's "Super Monkey Ball".

When a game hangs at a particular place, trying it again results in it hanging at the same place, no matter which loader I use for the copy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Possibly I've missed updating certain cIOSs? I am still a bit of a noob with this all, so I'll be the first to admit I may have things messed up a bit. I have DOP-Mii and Multi-Mod Manager v13.4 already installed to assist (if they'd help).

Y'know, this really annoys me -- I figure I've done all I can, and so while I'm typing up this post, I try it again, and this time it works. Sheesh. I think I'm just about ready to chalk it up to a flaky thumb-drive. [​IMG]

Thanks all for your patience, and for a great and helpful forum.

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    You installed some old cIOSes in your wii.
    Use ModMii to update them to d2x v6 using base 56 and 57 to have the best compatibility